YMCA of Central Florida
See All Open Positions
Orlando, FL 32803
Child Care/Nanny, Education/Training
Under the direction of the Director of Operations – Elementary School Program, the Program Director provides leadership and management of Elementary Before and/or After School programming and summer camps at multiple school sites. The Program Director manages development and effective implementation of a full range of programs and planned activities at each site to achieve strategic goals and provide outstanding customer service to all students and parents.
Other responsibilities include:
• Implement Elementary Before and/or After School programs to promote retention of existing students and engagement of new students. Direct staff to support Elementary School program initiatives to achieve retention goals and maintain the requirements of average daily attendance.
• Market, analyze data, systems and processes to recognize growth and retention opportunities within the Elementary School program.
• Ensure proper implementation of schedules and procedures to provide maximum opportunities for student/staff connections while keeping within the mandated ratios. Collaborate and work effectively with all sites to achieve desired results.
• Create and implement programs to increase participation through interactions with existing and potential students and parents. Collaborate and maintain effective relationships with school principals and other applicable school administration to maximize enrollments in program registration.
• Plan and execute events at the Elementary School sites. Promote the Elementary School program and the YMCA of Central Florida’s special events among the students, parents and community.
• Recruit, select, develop and retain appropriate skill depth level for each site location. Supervise site staff. Support training and career succession plan for staff team.
• Provide leadership through established performance goals and standards, regular assessment of staff performance including annual performance evaluations, and staff meetings.
• Collaborate with the Director of Operations and Business Manager to plan and manage the budget. Control payroll and department purchasing costs within the budget and financial guidelines.
• Identify and recruit active volunteers for the Family Center Annual Scholarship Campaign.
• BS degree or equivalent required; education or related field of study preferred.
• 1 - 3 years experience in managing an educational program; multi-locations required.
• 3 - 5 years of experience in staff supervision and leadership preferred.
• Child care experience a plus; SACERS experience preferred.
• Microsoft Office proficiency required; Oracle experience a plus.
• Current CPR/ AED and First Aid certifications required.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides an excellent working environment and great benefits which include the following:
• Affordable and excellent quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options) Short Term and Long Term Disability provided at no cost to the employee
• 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment
• Free YMCA membership for employee, spouse and dependents
• Generous paid time off package
• A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
For more information about the Central Florida YMCA please visit us at: www.CentralFloridaYMCA.org