Resort Engineering Manager
- Career Level
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Planning, organizing, directing and coordinating all engineering activities to ensure efficient management of Engineering operation.
- Responsible for creating the weekly schedules of the employees and special projects for the properties.
- Responds to directives or projected deadlines in a timely manner
- Enforces guidelines set by management for operating machinery and other engineering requirements including implementation, training and updating as needed
- Tracks and completes the use of inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and initiates reordering on a weekly basis
- Plans and performs maintenance on electrical, plumbing, HVAC, swimming pools and other areas of the resorts in a manner that provides uninterrupted guest service
- Maintain and update accurate records on preventative maintenance and repairs throughout the resort
- Ensures that maintenance techs are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner
- Monitor our Max Panda work order system and ensure work orders are completed in a timely fashion.
- Ensures all equipment throughout property is maintained and in daily working condition i.e. pool, landscaping well pumps, etc.
- Provide maintenance to all corporate offices HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical systems.
- Performs periodic, walk through/visual inspections of all property assets to determine condition, establish maintenance priorities and highlight areas where need for improvement exists
- Ensure that all storm drain and sewer systems throughout property are properly maintained and serviced.
- Ensure and tracks that all Golf Carts and work van are maintained and kept in working order.
- Communicates directly with other department heads to coordinate maintenance and repair work
- Possesses working knowledge of all paperwork required on a day-to-day basis (i.e. purchase orders, new hire paperwork, maintenance slips, QA inspection forms, termination or disciplinary forms, check requests, employee performance evaluations/Status Notices/Timecards/vacation requests
- Must be able act as Resort Lead/MOD to effectively respond to property/guest’s needs and request assistance as need/directed to do so.
- Responds to any accident or emergency, (i.e. completion of workers' compensation, guest accident/incident reports, how and when to call for assistance, notification of upper management)
- Responsible for maintaining a safe, enjoyable working environment and attempts to identify potential problems
- Attends appropriate Resort meetings and training sessions
- Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area
- Complies with Legacy Resort standards, policies and rules
- Prepared and able to coordinate efforts in case of an emergency (i.e. fire, flood, hurricane or other natural disasters) to: secure the property, help evacuate guests in an orderly manner (if necessary), know all emergency exits, know where all fire extinguishers are located, and know location of all circuit breakers
- Complete various additional tasks and assignments as needed
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: Three to seven years related experience
- Knowledge of all laws and regulations as they pertain to OSHA, EPA, Americans with Disabilities Act, or any other States or Federal Act
Microsoft Office to include MS Word, Excel and Outlook; Must have the capability to learn other software applications
Certificates & Licenses
Universal EPA Sec. 608 certification, Certified Pool Operator, HVAC.
- Extensive knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, refrigeration, and safety operating systems