RN Supervisor / RN Charge Nurse
4 days left
- Career Level
Village on the Green, a Lifespace Community located in Longwood, Florida is an upscale, gated residential community located on a 50-acre site, which includes a 20-acre nature preserve. The community contains 42 villas, 202 one and two bedroom apartment homes and health center. The amenities includes excellent cuisine at our fine dining restaurant as well as housekeeping, maintenance, 24 on-site security, transportation and quality health care.
Village on the Green is searching for qualified full-time RN Supervisor / Charge Nurse candidate to work 3 pm - 11 pm.
The Registered Charge Nurse is responsible for supervising nursing services and maintaining quality and adequacy of nursing practice. This role is responsible for demonstrating a commitment to customer service through resident focused initiatives that support the mission of the community and Lifespace Communities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Direct nursing services to all residents on assigned neighborhood or program.
• Provides hands-on/ on-the-job training to newly hired team members. Provides skill-set retraining as assigned.
• Oversee physician orders, verify all orders received are transcribed accurately onto the electronic record system and treatment plan, administer medications and provide treatments according to orders.
• Supervise and provide leadership and discipline to clinical and non-clinical team members.
• Participate with members of the interdisciplinary team to review, plan, coordinate and evaluate resident’s care. Document the resident’s condition and nursing needs accurately and in a timely manner. Reports pertinent observations and reactions regarding residents in a timely manner.
• Develop, direct and monitor nursing assistant assignments adjusting based on census and level of care required.
• According to standard operating procedures, ensure correct staffing levels. Escalate team member performance issues to supervisor, participate in counseling and disciplinary action to the extent permitted by the State Nurse Practice Act.
• Execute treatments as necessary while document status and observes reactions to medications and treatments.
• Generate, prepare, administrate and chart all medications.
• Initiate physician orders, verify all orders received are transcribed accurately in electronic records and treatment plan, administer medications and provide treatments according to orders.
• Facilitate communication with families regarding change in medications and/or changes in the resident.
• Establish protocol to ensure care plans are continually reviewed for updated and accurate data that represents the individuality of the resident.
• Coordinate admissions, discharges and transfers in order to deliver quality customer service.
• Plan resident admission as ordered by physician, perform assessment, verify orders with physician, and notify pharmacy, laboratory and other departments as necessary.
• Introduce an accurate and thorough report to the on-coming shift in order to ensure the continuity of maximum resident care.
• Direct team members in emergency situations and contact appropriate parties as needed.
• Orchestrate investigation, corrects and follows up on resident and family concerns as needed in a timely manner.
• Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations; maintains knowledge of and follows all company policies and procedures.
• Obtain knowledge and demonstrate the principles of Living Lifespace, person directed care and successful aging philosophies and their inherent core values of commitment, respect, compassion, dedication, team work and quality. Team member will support, actively participate and act in accordance with the principles of the Living Lifespace service culture and be familiar with and fluent in the language and service pillars of Living Lifespace.
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work and meetings.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• During emergencies or natural disasters may be required to be on duty for the duration of the disaster.
• Nursing diploma or Associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program. A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
• One year of nursing experience in a long term facility is preferred. Supervisory/leadership in a long term care facility preferred.
• Certifications and Registered Nurse license and other licensure required by state regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform job duties and to interact and communicate with residents, vendors and team members.
• Work efforts reflect a passion for exceeding customer expectations.
• Solicits resident/family feedback to understand the needs of the resident and the community. Advocates for service excellence within the center and influences others to take action.
• Displays responsibility by taking ownership of quality care. Shows dedication to enriching the lives of our residents through empathy and compassion.
• Exhibits a commitment to personal excellence through professional greetings, proper telephone etiquette, common courtesy, a professional attitude and appearance.
• Exhibits a commitment to results by looking for and recommending or implementing process improvements.
• Shows respect and courtesy for fellow team mates by working together to get the job well done.
• Effectively addresses customer concerns and strives to reduce or resolve conflict.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS:
The physical responsibilities of this position constantly require effective bending, reaching, standing, walking, lifting, carrying, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. This position often involves medium work, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Must be able to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work assigned or make observations of residents and environment; close visual acuity, such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, operating medical equipment, reading a computer screen, reading printed material, inspection of small defects, and using measurement devices. The functions of this position are conducted in a temperature controlled environment and not substantially exposed to adverse environment conditions and may be routinely exposed to working hazards, communicable diseases, blood borne pathogens, cleaning chemicals, and odors.
INTELLECTUAL/EMOTIONAL REQUIREMENTS: The occupant of this position must be able to perform the responsibilities of the position well under pressure. The position requires adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure. This position requires the ability to deal with and find resolution to problems and maintain a productive working relationship with team members, and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of others. It also requires adaptability to fluctuate between priorities on a daily basis while being responsive to needs as they arise.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Lifespace Communities, Inc. headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, is the sixth largest independent living provider and seventh largest senior living provider of non-profit retirement communities in the United States. Originally formed as Life Care Retirement Communities, Inc., in 1976, the organization owns and manages a network of 12 Life Care communities in Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Nebraska and Pennsylvania. In 2009, the organization changed its name to Lifespace Communities to better reflect the total experience of senior living. The organization has annual revenue of over $200 million and employs over 2,500 team members. Through more than 30 years of existence, Lifespace has remained true to its founding ideal: to help create exceptional, financially sound communities where people could enjoy a more rewarding and secure retirement. The organization is committed to excellence and innovation in creating communities that celebrate the lives of seniors. Lifespace serves over 5,000 residents.
Lifespace Communities, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Village on the Green is a Drug and Tobacco Free Community.
Apply for RN Supervisor / RN Charge Nurse
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly