Senior Project Accountant
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
POSTING DATE: August 31, 2016
CLOSING DATE: September 26, 2016
CLASSIFICATION: Senior Project Accountant
HOURS: 40 Hour per week
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and at least 5 to 7 years of experience with experiential emphasis on construction project accounting.
Performs oversight of budgets, adjustments, actuals, risks and other ad hoc reporting for projects within assigned portfolios. The Senior Project Accountant is responsible for the production of accurate and timely performance reports and all day-to-day maintenance of projects’ financial status (i.e. expenditures, cash-flow, budgets, budget variances, etc.).
• Manage financial reporting for multiple projects.
• Provide accurate project reporting on a timely basis.
• Act as a liaison with development managers, construction managers, contract managers and finance department on job costing and project accounting issues.
• Develop and maintain monthly project reports including trial balances, budget to actual, and cash-flow analysis.
• Perform monthly job cost reporting, create, monitor and adjust, pursuant to managerial review, cash flow forecasting and financial reports.
• Monitor original and cumulative, committed amounts authorized under each project’s various contracts and purchase orders, including authorized amounts of change orders affecting each and amounts paid toward and balances remaining under such commitments, including respective change order amounts.
• Monitor purchase orders, including those used by RCID to directly purchase material for incorporation into various capital improvements and planned work projects.
• Process applications for payments pertaining to contracts and invoices pertaining to purchase orders. Review each for accuracy and reconcile variances. Communicate discrepancies with vendors and RCID’s Finance department.
• Initiate requests for project disbursements for subsequent managerial approval and prepare necessary information in conformance with any applicable regulatory requirements. Ensure all required releases of claims and/or liens are obtained in conjunction with the processing of contractors’ monthly applications for payments.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Construction project accounting and job costing.
• Strong accounting and analytical ability.
• Construction project budget experience.
• Prior working knowledge of accounting based software. Computer literate with high level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft® Excel® and Word®.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to establish and meet work priorities and deadlines.
• Requires little to moderate supervision; self-motivated and results driven.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to handle tasks in a time-sensitive manner.
• Maintain confidentiality respecting projects.
• Excellent positive listening, oral, and written communication skills.
• Strong business acumen and the ability to quickly and accurately read and understand contractual and financial documents.
• Consistently manages multiple priorities and competing assignments while meeting commitments.
The following requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and is not intended to be inclusive. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, as defined by law, to perform any essential functions.
Must possess a valid Florida State Driver's license and maintain eligibility under the District's commercial vehicle program.
While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, touch, speak, hear, and see. An employee is occasionally required to bend, kneel, reach, twist, carry, climb, push and pull. An employee must lift and/or move small articles and occasionally lift objects up to 20 pounds. An employee must demonstrate fine motor skills and to be able to operate vehicles and other equipment. An employee is occasionally required to work in heat, cold and wet/damp conditions and to navigate uneven and/or outdoor terrain. Certain positions may require work above ground or in enclosed spaces. Certain positions may have requirements of 50 pounds maximum lifting with frequent lift/carry up to 25 pounds. Positions requiring strength demands in the Heavy and/or Very Heavy category have detailed physical performance analyses available for review.
PAY: Pay is between $1,219 and $1,940 weekly.
TO APPLY: Apply online directly on our website (www.rcid.org). Resumes can be uploaded to online submission. Any inquiries can be sent to Patrick Midthun at email@example.com.