Liability Claims Examiner
This position investigates, adjusts and resolves third party bodily injury and property damage general liability claims that are submitted against residential homeowners policies. Some commercial assignments and medical payments claims may also be required.
- Communicate with insureds, claimants, witnesses, attorneys, and other carriers via telephone & written correspondence
- Communicate with internal personnel including legal and management, as well as carrier partners
- Take recorded statements
- Make liability and coverage decisions based on conclusions of investigation
- Direct counsel in the handling of various aspects of litigation while maintaining close expense control over their activities
- Travel to attend Alternative Dispute Resolution meetings as well trials when requested.
- College degree preferred
- 3 to 5 years experience handling claims.
- Licenses to be obtained in all states in which claims are handled, to be obtained within 60 days of hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.