Consumer Lending- Manager
- Career Level
The Lending Manager is responsible for the planning, directing organizing and controlling the activities and staff involved in administering the consumer loan program to develop and manage loan accounts which meet established lending requirements and which provide maximum profitability to the credit union with a minimum of risk. Provides for the review of loan applications for conformance to established loan policies, completeness of documentation, accurate preparation and quality. Coordinates procedures to obtain credit references and verifications prior to loan approval. Develops recommendations regarding loan policies and guidelines. Reviews loan performance and delinquency rates and recommends remedial action. Implements controls to ensure effective loan operations. Ensures compliance with all regulations applicable to consumer lending.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with staff in verifying financial status of prospective borrowers applying for credit, preparing documents and making decisions on consumer loans.
- Establishes credit limits on accounts based on such standard lending practices and policy as: debt‑to‑income ratio, credit worthiness, collateral, capacity to repay, and character of the borrower.
- Maintains awareness of changes in the credit granting field, including government regulation, technological advancements in automated credit granting, and consumer needs/preferences.
- Performs an internal audit of loans and applications to ensure that all policy and legal requirements have been satisfied, exceptions noted and corrected, and maximum efforts have been taken to ensure compliance according to approved lending policy and guidelines.
- Plans office practices and procedures, including staffing and functional efficiencies, to ensure member-borrowing requests receive prompt attention and requests for the extension of credit are efficiently processed.
- Possesses and demonstrates the ability to train, coach and motivate staff.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, highly complex results driven environment.
- Demonstrated strong time management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to develop team work.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- An ability to readily adapt to change.
- Detail oriented and the ability to quickly grasp the “big picture”.
- Performs such other duties and accountabilities as management may from time to time assign.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor Degree from a four year college or university preferred plus at least four years of supervising experience and three years of senior lending experience in a bank, credit union, finance company or savings and loan, or the equivalent combination of formal training and experience obtained at a credit granting institution of comparable size and complexity. CFE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.