Company Overview and Benefits
EXPLORE AN AMAZING CAREER AT THE Y
As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through your development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of Central Florida offers more than just a job – we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting impact in your community.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL
The Y impacts lives all over Central Florida through our 27 Family Centers and with over 2,000 employees, giving you tremendous opportunities to make a difference. Whatever your talent, interest, or level of experience, you can realize your potential in an array of available positions in our areas of focus.
SKILLS WE ARE SEEKING IN PASSIONATE CANDIDATES:
- Passion for helping others
- Outstanding relationship builder
- Team player
- Innate leader
- Great communicator
- Proficient in web & new media
- Organized and self-motivated
- High energy and enthusiastic
Visit Our Website | Careers
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, ROPER YMCA FAMILY CENTER
The YMCA of Central Florida is seeking a dynamic individual with proven related success who is seeking to grow in their Y leadership career as the Executive Director of our full service Roper YMCA Family Center. The 35,000 sq. ft. facility is located in Winter Garden, Florida; considered by many as one of the best places to live in Central Florida. Unlike the stereotypical dated retirement communities or ultra-expensive coastal cities many will find in South Florida; Winter Garden for years has been a strong option for young families looking for economic opportunity and a quality community. With median family incomes since 1999 having grown 69.88%, the most in the state of Florida, it isn’t surprising that 3 in 10 households in Winter Garden are families with children. You can find more information from the City of Winter Garden’s website here: http://www.cwgdn.com/.
The recently renovated Roper Y has an impressive new Healthy Living Zone as well as a Health Performance Center / medical space operated in partnership with a local hospital. The incumbent will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Family Center; with an operating budget of $3.5 million, employing approximately 80 staff and a growing membership base of 2,800 units. The Y is focused on making the member experience a top priority, where individuals and families have access to Y signature programs and a platform to improve one’s health. The Roper Y serves a rapidly growing community serving; Winter Garden, Windermere, Ocoee and Oakland. The local board has a vision to expand the Roper Y and planning is underway for a $5—$7M renovation/expansion project.
Under the direction of the District Vice President, this individual will direct and supervise all aspects of operations, including spearheading the annual support campaign with a goal of $300,000 and 750 donors. The incumbent must be a team motivator with the ability to create an environment that delivers exceptional customer service to grow membership and program participation. S/he must have political savvy to work effectively in several unique partnerships the Y has with high level donors, West Orange Healthcare District, City of Winter Garden, Orange County Public Schools, Orlando Health/Health Central Hospital, West Orange Chamber of Commerce, local government and foundations. Critical to the position is proven results in membership development, quality programming, achieving goals and key performance indicators, strong board leadership and fundraising, community collaborations and sound fiscal management.
The Executive Director is responsible for recruiting high level community leaders, board members and creating and implementing a business plan to achieve short and long term goals and objectives. The incumbent must have superior communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire others by cultivating relationships with members, donors, staff and the community partners.
A key objective is to expand the capacity of the family center to educate and better serve the community by engaging individuals in the Y’s three areas of focus: Healthy Living, Social Responsibility and Youth Development. Our Association is enjoying tremendous growth while providing national leadership in the areas of healthy living program innovation and community collaborations. Be part of something great at the YMCA of Central Florida!
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required; in related field of Business Management preferred. Master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in operations management in health and wellness is essential; YMCA operations management experience strongly preferred.
- Proven experience managing, recruiting and working with a volunteer board required.
- Proven experience cultivating successful relationships with Cities/Towns/Local Government, strongly preferred.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required; Oracle, SalesForce and Technogym experience a plus.
- Prior experience overseeing successful fundraising plans and multi-million capital campaign projects preferred.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- Affordable and quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options).
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employee and household.
- Generous paid time off package.
- Exceptional career growth opportunities with one of the nation’s top YMCA Associations and a recognized leader within the Y movement.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Resumes will be accepted until filled. To find out more about the YMCA of Central Florida and career opportunities, please visit our website at http://ymcacentralflorida.com/about-us/careers/.