Company Overview and Benefits
EXPLORE AN AMAZING CAREER AT THE Y
As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through your development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of Central Florida offers more than just a job – we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting impact in your community.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL
The Y impacts lives all over Central Florida through our 27 Family Centers and with over 2,000 employees, giving you tremendous opportunities to make a difference. Whatever your talent, interest, or level of experience, you can realize your potential in an array of available positions in our areas of focus.
SKILLS WE ARE SEEKING IN PASSIONATE CANDIDATES:
- Passion for helping others
- Outstanding relationship builder
- Team player
- Innate leader
- Great communicator
- Proficient in web & new media
- Organized and self-motivated
- High energy and enthusiastic
Visit Our Website | Careers
Sports Coordinator (Adult Sports) / Referee - Golden Triangle YMCA Family Center, Part-time
The YMCA of Central Florida is seeking a Sports Coordinator to lead Adult sport programs at our Golden Triangle YMCA Family Center in Tavares. The Sports Coordinator will organize and manage sport set up, clean up and participate in activities necessary to deliver a quality sports experience. S/he will work effectively with the Program Director and staff in the organization of all competitive sports and instructional programs. This individual must accept and demonstrate our YMCA core values, and s/he demonstrates a desire to serve others. The incumbent provides players, parents and coaches with feedback, coaching, guidance and support. S/he takes initiative to meet, greet and assist others.
This individual works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions. S/he must have a good work ethic, punctuality and reliable attendance. S/he assists in the supervision of the department staff and ensure they are always following all safety and policy regulations. S/he will lead staff to support sports initiatives to achieve program retention goals. This individual will also work hours as needed in a Referee capacity. Individuals must have flexible availability to work a varied schedule based on business needs that may include, week days, evenings, and weekends.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent required; sports management, recreation management, physical education or related field of study preferred. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 - 3 years experience in Adult Sports related field required.
- Minimum 1 year supervisory experience required, health and wellness industry preferred.
- Minimum 1 year referee experience required.
- YMCA sports or operations experience preferred.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of league rules as they apply to the sport being played.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required; Oracle and/or Technogym experience a plus.
- CPR/AED certified
- First Aid certified
COMPANY BENEFITS – Part-time
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment
- YMCA membership for employees; discounts for spouse and dependents
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age or disability.
The YMCA of Central Florida is committed to teaching life skills, values and an ethic of service to strengthen individuals, families and youth by developing health in spirit, mind and body. All positions offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in a diverse environment with individuals who are passionate about youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.