Manager Information Technology - Team Member Tools
Universal Orlando® Resort is a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at Universal Orlando. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who's serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn't take magic to put a smile on a guest's face... it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Whether you're serving food, working in an office, maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride, you won't just be 'doing a job.' You'll be creating memories for our guests that will last a lifetime. Are YOU that kind of person?Responsible for strategic program management, leadership and execution of Solutions across relevant client groups, driving strategy definition, consulting and systems analysis, and delivery of Team Member solutions that are flexible and can easily accommodate changing business needs and technology trends, can deliver rich experiences for our customers, and are cost effective. The Manager will serve as the expert on programs, initiatives, resource management and budgets, and vendor selection and management. Role will partner with client groups and other IT team members to ensure the strategic project methodology focus is appropriately followed with the type and scope of project or program. The role will be responsible for identifying and quantifying the appropriate resources, be it existing Universal Parks personnel or utilizing external resources.
- Direct new program development and implementation teams for medium and large size projects for Solution Delivery. Responsible for the program management of multiple projects that enables successful project completion, including project initiation, scoping and approval, process redesign, project staffing and project implementation.
- Baseline new programs in accordance with the cost, schedule, and performance requirements, developing effective metrics. Identify best business practices to be applied to product design and implementation.
- Execute on assembling program development teams to effectively address multiple clients' requirements according to the specified program's objectives, schedule and budget. Emphasize to direct reports that the new program development must be timely, successful, and meets or exceeds the client group's expectations.
- Develop and maintain an effective relationship with client group leadership. Will ensure direct reports are effective in their communications with client groups, building strong working relationships
- Responsible for varying aspects of vendor selection and management to include oversight of drafting SOW's, RFP's, vendor evaluation, budgeting, monitoring progress through to implementation.
- As programs or projects advance through the project lifecycle, the Manager will work with senior leaders within IT Operations, and collaborate on resources to ensure a seamless transition of the completed applications from Solution Delivery to the responsible IT Operations for its continued support and maintenance.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree - Technical or Business degree or highly relevant equivalent experience is required.
- 5+ years experience delivering technology solutions.
- 3+ years experience managing IT Professional teams
- 5+ years experience in a large Information Technology or consulting organization with proven experience partnering with client groups in support of managing complex, multi-year and multi-location projects and programs, including the creation and management of program associated budgets.
- Experience with web/e-commerce application development technology stacks, including .net, J2EE.
- Experience with Ticketing, Team Member, or Food/Retail Point of sale system
- Proven successful experience in vendor selection and management for a wide range of IT solutions
- Extensive experience in strategy definition, consulting and systems analysis, and delivery of solutions that are flexible and can easily accommodate changing business needs and technology trends
- Expert knowledge of IT functionality and integration across business processes
- Expert knowledge and application of systems development and project management processes in relation to the initiation, analysis, design, management and implementation of complex projects involving multi-discipline initiatives across the enterprise
- Strong interpersonal and stress management skills, with a demonstrated ability to make effective decisions while working through complex personality, program, and business interest related issues
- Well developed, executive-level critical thinking and communication skills (written and oral)
- Contract negotiation skills
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
We regret, due to the volume of responses, only applicants of interest will be contacted. Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
To go directly to this position cut and paste the Job Posting number: 29647BR
IT'S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2016 Universal Studios. © 2016 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE