The Universal Orlando Valet Parking Attendants provide a personal vehicle parking and retrieval service for the park guests while offering exceptional guest service and a quick “hustle” that is necessary to run from one area of the Valet Operations to another.
Valet Parking Attendants at Universal Orlando are responsible for:
- Driving vehicle to a specific spot in valet parking lot, securing and noting the space the vehicle is parked on valet tag and log; returning the tag and keys to valet key booth.
- Driving vehicle to and from parked area, securing the vehicle and noting specific information on the ticket.
- Following proper safe driving procedures and safety protocol.
- Greeting all guests upon arrival, opening doors, explaining valet procedures and pricing, asking guests if they need directions and performing access control responsibilities for the valet area.
- Understanding and actively participating in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policies, procedures, training, and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
To perform the role of a Valet Parking Attendant successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
- High school degree or GED preferred.
- Valid Florida Driver's License required.
- Drive vehicles with both standard and automatic transmissions.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the Valet Parking Attendant job.
- Regularly (2/3 of the time or more) stand for prolonged periods; talk; hear audible alarms, voice commands with background noise; use hands and fingers to grip, pinch, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; use close and distance vision with or without corrective lens; peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); depth perception (vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus while in changing light conditions e.g., sunshine to indoor or dark conditions); work in varied light conditions including low or diminished lighting; maintain alertness and attentiveness up to 4 hours while working varying hours; maintain concentration/focus (e.g., ability to interpret the work environment and make decisions on predetermined operating policies and procedure).
- Frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time) work in small or tight spaces.
- Occasionally (1/3 of the time or less) stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; reach, pull, push with hands and arms above/below head; use repeating motions more than twice per minute; repetition-using an input device-a keyboard or mouse-in a steady manner; lift and or push up to 25 pounds with control.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of the Valet Parking Attendant job.
- Regularly (2/3 of the time or more) work in outdoor weather conditions to include direct sunlight, heat or cold; work in extreme heat (non-weather); use motorized company vehicle or a leased or personal vehicle for company business; maintain a valid Florida state driver's license.
- Occasionally (1/3 of the time or less) transport 16 (including the driver) or more passengers; be exposed to a loud noise level work environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TH06/2012If you are interested in this position and you have what it takes to be a part of Universal Orlando, click on 'Apply Now'. If not, please check out our Job Search to explore other opportunities within our universe. We regret that due to the volume of responses only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2015 Universal Studios. © 2015 Universal Orlando. All right reserved. EOE
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE