Resource Development Associate
Performs general logistical and support duties related to the organization’s Development strategies and events to include but not limited to researching and compiling information, generating reports and other documents using a full range of computer software, including spreadsheets, word processing and donor database programs, and coordinating volunteers to reach department objectives.
- Researching and creating corporate and individual profiles
- Assisting with identifying and building a pipeline/roster of prospective supporters to be engaged by the Director of Community Relations and Resource Development (CR & RD)
- Drafting and revising sponsorship packets for Coalition Development initiatives
- Participation in external Outreach and Awareness engagement initiatives in support of team as identified by Director
- Tracking and logging all in-kind donations, i.e. volunteer hours, donated school supplies, etc.
- Assisting with securing in-kind donations
- Assisting with completing grant applications, foundation research, grant tracking and submissions
- Assisting with preparing for and/or providing post donor engagement information following solicitations by senior leadership
- Assists with all organizational event logistics as directed by supervisor
- Collaborates with and assists Community Relations Coordinator on Development and Outreach and Awareness events, i.e. producing pledge cards, securing sponsor logos and photos of hosts
- Participates in Development event committee meetings and assists with preparing meeting materials and reports
- Generates sponsor packets, mail merges and e-communications related to Development events
- Manages assigned volunteers and works with Volunteer Coordinator on Development event volunteer job descriptions and schedules
- Drafts Development project timelines and reviews logistics with Director of Community Relations & Resource Development
- Designs process for seating and greeting VIP’s
- Designs, retrieves and submits purchase requests for awards, programs, videos, fund a child, pledge cards, banners and podium collateral materials
- Ongoing follow up and Gala information distribution to prospective attendees and silent auction contributors
- Assists with reception desk coverage as needed
Donor Data Base and Website Management
- Works with Community Relations Coordinator (CRC) to ensure current and accurate content such as retrieving photos from Gala Honorees, acquiring sponsor logos and ads, updating supporters on social media platforms and on the Coalition’s website
- Assists Director with donor data entry, data maintenance and data reports
- Assists with securing auction items and following up with auction donors, working with Director and auction committee and producing reports for analysis
- Works with silent auction platform, generates reports, sends stewardship letters to auction bidders and works with “night of” expert during The First Five Years Gala
Donor and Prospective Donor Relations
- Researches prospective sponsors and donors and creates profiles to help build the development pipeline
- Designs and writes honorary host recruitment letters
- Writes letters and follows up with supporters regarding silent auction, and other Development event donations
- Creates stewardship cultivation letters for silent auction, table sponsors and event sponsors
(This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.)
- Knowledge of business English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar in order to prepare and read documents and correspondence
- Knowledge of basic customer service techniques
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, MS Word, WordPress and PowerPoint is essential. Ability to navigate the Internet
- Knowledge of Development databases such as Abila FR50 (Salesforce) and Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees
- Ability and willingness to provide input for strategic Development and Outreach planning
- Ability to work flexible hours/schedule i.e., occasional Saturdays or evening hours
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and rules set by the Coalition
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables
- Ability to maintain a cooperative working relationship with a variety of constituents
- Must possess valid Florida ID or driver’s license and access to a reliable transportation source to and from work.
- Strong organizational skills and effective record management practices, attention to detail
- Professional appearance and presentation
- Ability to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels
- Ability to manage volunteers for Development events
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
Education and Experience:
- Two years of college with 2 years prior fundraising, data management, event management, logistics and/or administrative experience; BA/BS degree and fundraising experience a plus.
- Experience managing special events and knowledge of donor and bidding platforms a plus.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills with the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines under pressure and effectively multi-task.
- Possesses strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve and make decisions.
(A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the above minimum qualifications.)
Apply for Resource Development Associate
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly