Finance - Messenger
Good with money? We are looking for Messengers to collect and transport revenue from all drop safes and delivery of change requests to locations throughout Universal Orlando.
Messengers at Universal Orlando are responsible for:
- Collecting currency and revenue from all drop safes; secures and transports the revenue to the Central Cashier Facility accompanied by Security at all times. Must meet minimum requirements for Messenger Metrics.
- Counting and verifying currency and delivers change requests to Food Service and Merchandise locations.
- Adhering to the internal and dual control policies of UO and meet the minimum average of 2 points or below for over/short matrix points.
- Understanding and actively participating in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policies, procedures, training, and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
To perform the role of a Messenger successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
- High school degree or GED required.
- One to three years courier experience is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A background check is mandatory and results must meet Universal Orlando's background check criteria.
- Use of a motorized company vehicle or a leased or personal vehicle for company business.
- Valid Florida Driver's License is required.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the Messenger job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand; walk; talk; use hands and fingers to grip, pinch, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; climb stairs/ladders; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; each, pull, push with hands and arms above/below head; repeat motions more than twice per minute; lift/push up to 45 pounds with control; use close vision with or without corrective lens (clear vision at 20 inches or less); use distance vision with or without corrective lens (clear vision at 20 feet or more); use peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); use depth perception (vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus while in changing light conditions e.g., sunshine to indoor or dark conditions); work in varied light conditions including low or diminished lighting; maintain alertness and attentiveness up to 4 hours while working varying hours; maintain concentration/focus (e.g., ability to interpret the work environment and make decisions on predetermined operating policies and procedure); work in small or tight spaces.
- The individual is occasionally required to sit; hear audible alarms, voice commands with background noise; work in confined spaces i.e. Manholes or work pits.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of the Messenger job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to work in wet, humid conditions (non-weather); work in outdoor weather conditions to include direct sunlight, heat or cold; work in extreme cold (non-weather).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.If you are interested in this position and you have what it takes to be a part of Universal Orlando, click on 'Apply Now'. If not, please check out our Job Search to explore other opportunities within our universe. We regret that due to the volume of responses only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2015 Universal Studios. © 2015 Universal Orlando. All right reserved. EOE
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE