Greenskeeper - FT
BASIC FUNCTION: The Greens Keeper I position performs the manual tasks associated with the maintenance, construction, and improvement of the golf course and/or resort grounds. This includes the operation of a wide variety of power equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Golf course grounds or landscaping experience preferred. Ability to work effectively with others.
- Operates powered equipment in mowing specified golf course areas including: putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs, and resort ground turf areas.
- Waters and fertilizes putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs, and any other related turf areas.
- Grades and prepares soil plant beds, lays sod, and plants vegetative material.
- Assists in cultivation practices dealing with all turf areas.
- Performs routine bunker maintenance and/or bunker renovation.
- Performs a variety of labor duties including: Sting trimming, edging, pruning, top-dressing, hazard maintenance, divot repair, and drainage tasks.
- Supports irrigation maintenance duties such as: irrigation head trimming, valve trimming, PVC pipe repairs, head leveling, and minor electrical tasks.
- Maintains ball washers, coolers, course signage, bathrooms, trashcans, tunnels, course roping, flags, cups, and tee markers.
- Operates mechanical loaders in moving soil, debris, and other materials.
- Supports the course mechanic in lubrication and minor service repairs to equipment.
- Participate as support staff on any special projects.
- Report any and all abnormalities on the golf course such as damage disease, insects, debris, etc.
- Support other departments as needed and as opportunities arise.
- Assist in all housekeeping duties of the Golf Maintenance facility.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Communicate daily with staff and other departments in regard to duties and activities.
- Responsible for department and equipment cleanliness, safety and appearance.
- Respond to any reasonable task requested by the management.
ENVIRONMENT: Outdoor, varied terrain, varied weather conditions.
About Our Property
Come build your future with Benchmark Hospitality International at The Villas of Grand Cypress
The Villas of Grand Cypress offers guests world class amenities and a choice of magnificent accommodations, including spacious Club Suites and elegant Villas with up to four bedrooms. All within walking distance of 45 holes of Jack Nicklaus Signature - designed golf, an Academy of Golf, unparalleled recreation and diverse and decadent dining.
Why You Want to Work for Us!
Benchmark Hospitality International has determined our core set of values as: Integrity, Individual, Entrepreneurship, Partnership, Realism, Service and we believe in balanced system of Living, Learning and Leisure. These values are considered and applied in all aspects of our performance and relationships with others and everything we do has our guests and employees in mind.
What Our Employees Say About Us!
“Working at The Villas of Grand Cypress is like working with an extended family. Once you arrive on the peaceful and relaxing property, with the beautiful rolling greens and mature landscaping, it already feels like home”. The property has a unique sense of relaxed sophistication and service. Employees are encouraged and even challenged to make decisions to “Be The Difference” in everything they do! Being creative and entrepreneurial to think differently about how we provide service to the guest is a day to day occurrence.
Benefits offered to FT employees:
- Paid Time Off after 90 days
- Holiday Pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Jury Duty Pay
- Bereavement Pay
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Parking
- Free Meals at The Grand Cafe
- Free Golf for employees
- Employee & Employer Funded 401-k
- Hotel Travel Discounts at our sister properties
- Discounts with Partner vendors
- Recognition Programs
- An Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V