Company Overview and Benefits
EXPLORE AN AMAZING CAREER AT THE Y
As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through your development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of Central Florida offers more than just a job – we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting impact in your community.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL
The Y impacts lives all over Central Florida through our 27 Family Centers and with over 2,000 employees, giving you tremendous opportunities to make a difference. Whatever your talent, interest, or level of experience, you can realize your potential in an array of available positions in our areas of focus.
SKILLS WE ARE SEEKING IN PASSIONATE CANDIDATES:
- Passion for helping others
- Outstanding relationship builder
- Team player
- Innate leader
- Great communicator
- Proficient in web & new media
- Organized and self-motivated
- High energy and enthusiastic
Visit Our Website | Careers
The Osceola County YMCA Family Center located in Kissimmee, Florida is seeking a part-time Referee with preferred experience officiating a variety of adult sports such as; Basketball, Soccer and Flag Football. S/he must accept and demonstrate YMCA values, as well as work effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions. This individual must have a proven background showing good work ethic, punctuality and reliable attendance. S/he will be required to work a flexible schedule based on business needs.
Preferred Availability: Some week nights and Saturdays
Under the direction of the department supervisor or Executive Director, the Adult Referee / Official are responsible for the integral part of monitoring sports activity, as well as making sure all rules are followed and the game is played fairly.
- Enforce the rules of the game.
- Complete score sheets at score table. Write in final score, circle winning team, initial games officiated.
- Facilitate/lead sports pledge before game.
- Ensure game starts on time.
- Take charge. Do not be afraid to blow the whistle.
- Explain your calls to players and coaches.
- Ensure safety.
- Actively engage with coaches. Always explain to the coaches how the game will be called.
- Ensure goal heights are adjusted according to age division and proper size ball is used.
- Assist supervisor with set-up/clean-up as needed.
- Maintain control of game. Keep composure under pressure. Help keep a positive environment. Do not allow coaches or parents to argue with you.
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Assist in the identification of active volunteers for the Family Center Annual Scholarship Campaign.
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Central Florida in the Family Center and its programs.
To be successful, you must meet education, training and experience requirements, and you must be able to demonstrate some critical knowledge, skills, and abilities.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Minimum 1 year experience as an adult referee/official preferred.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of league rules as they apply to the sport being played.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Current High School Official certification a plus.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Adult Certifications: FHASS Basketball Official Certification, highly preferred
- Must be willing to regularly work flexible hours, weekends and holidays.
- May be required to sit, stand or maintain physical activity for extended periods of time.
- May be required to work outdoors for extended periods of time. May be exposed to extreme outdoor weather conditions and temperatures.
- Must be alert at all times, keeping safety in mind. Must possess acceptable hearing and visual capabilities in order to monitor environment and members’ well-being.
- May be required to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. in various forms.
- Must exhibit patience and understanding.
- Must complete successful background screening, which includes criminal and drug screening.
COMPANY BENEFITS – Part-time
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment
- YMCA membership for employees; discounts for household.
- Opportunity for career advancement and growth with one of the largest YMCA Associations in the country.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
The YMCA of Central Florida is committed to teaching life skills, values and an ethic of service to strengthen individuals, families and youth by developing health in spirit, mind and body. All positions offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in a diverse environment with individuals who are passionate about youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.