- Career Level
SUMMARY OF POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: Manage and direct daily function of branch operations and team member performance to include but not limited to: driving results by developing staff through coaching, expanding member relations, exceeding sales and loan goals and service expectations. Ensure branch compliance dealing with credit union policies, procedures and government regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Manages 1 to 4 FTE’s):
Meet or exceed the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- LEADERSHIP: Coach team members to ensure they are knowledgeable and efficient in performing their responsibilities; provide balanced feedback by completing coaching tools monthly; provide performance evaluations on time. Demonstrate ethics and integrity in all areas of responsibilities; adherence to policies and procedures. Achieve monthly branch goals and objectives.
- MEMBER RELATIONS: Direct and monitor daily work flow; growth and retention of membership and branch profitability; directing loan growth goals; responsible for resolving member complaints including research, follow-up and resolution in a timely manner. Required to function as a Teller, Vault Teller or Member Relations Officer as needed.
- REPORTING: responsible for tracking and reporting branch and individual goals; branch expenses; maintaining the branch budget; maintain appropriate staff level;
- SAFETY & SECURITY: Maintain the safety of the branch by adhering to established safety guideline; maintain security by following the established dual controls and opening/closing procedures. Oversee the control and accountability of cash, branch equipment, forms and supplies.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK: Requires excellent communication and observation skills; ability to read and interpret specific directions; Responsive and strong decision making abilities, reflecting a sound and professional image.
RELATIONSHIP OUTSIDE OF OFFICE/DEPARTMENT:
- Must be able to communicate and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Participate in community involvement.
- Support and promote all credit union initiatives.
- Always practice the core values of Integrity Service.
REGULAR ATTENDANCE is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE (Please indicate required or preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Required 3 years experience as a supervisor or manager.
- Required 5 years experience with another financial institution or be employed by OFCU for a minimum of 5 years.
- Understanding and knowledge of all branch operation functions.
- Must be familiar with regulatory requirements for credit unions.
- Internal Sales and Service training
- Core system training
- Loan training
- Integrity Service Training
- Complete, monitor and report all suspicious activity, comply with BSA requirements including completion of annual training.
- Must complete annual First Time Manager Training.
- Ability to read, speak and write in English proficiently; speak effectively to a member or team member and/or before a group.
- Fluent in Spanish is helpful but not required.
- Aptitude to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to calculate fractions, percentages, ratios and averages to create branch and credit union reports.
- Communicate expectations, provide timely response to situations, able to justify and follow through on decisions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Capacity to define problems; gather data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Analyze and interpret statistical data, focus on details, correlate various pieces of information, identify trends, and understand the reasons behind problems as well as successes.
- Generate effective solutions to problems, consider all aspects of situations, negotiating compromises, suggest alternative solutions, and balance business needs with individual needs (e.g., team member needs, member needs).
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal skills highly motivated and well organized excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft office products, excel, word, power point, outlook etc.
- Strong management skills in the area of staff career development and motivation, coaching and supervising, sales performance and risk management.
- Ability to prioritize workload, maintain integrity of confidential member and team member information.
Apply for Branch Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly