Public Safety Telecommunicators (911 Operators)
- Career Level
- Entry Level
The Orange County Sheriff's Office invites applicants to apply for the position of Public Safety Telecommunicators (911 Operators).
Public Safety Telecommunicators respond to emergency and non-emergency calls for service, using a computer aided dispatch terminal for entering call data. They must train and certify in at least two positions: Call Taker, Radio Dispatcher, and Teletype Operator.
Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current permanent resident card
- One (1) to two (2) years of college, military, or related experience and/or training preferred
- Knowledge of Orange County geography helpful
- Must be able to work various shifts with rotating days off, as well as weekends and holidays
- Must be able to speak and understand English
- Must successfully complete a job related "CritiCall" test
- Must be computer literate
- CritiCall testing
- Psychological evaluation (after conditional offer)
New Salary INCREASE:
- $29,265 or $30,742 with 3+ years experience ($14.07/hour or $14.78 with 3+ yrs experience)
- Shift differential pay provided once training is completed, for working evenings and midnights.
Please visit our website www.ocso.com and review the job requirements listed in the "Employment" section under "Civilian Positions". In order to be considered for this position, you MUST complete your online application on that website. This posting is for the Orange County Sheriff's Office located in FLORIDA.