CityWalk Restaurant - The Cowfish - Line Production Cook
- Food / Beverage
Come be a part of the team at Universal CityWalk's, The Cowfish, which is sure to amaze Guests as innovative sushi joins forces with creative burgers for an untraditional dining experience at this reincarnation of the popular North Carolina hotspot. Apply online today!
Universal Orlando's extraordinary Chefs are committed to using the freshest and highest quality ingredients available. Working with our experienced staff ensures that a new Team Member can gain the necessary skills to advance their culinary career.
CityWalk Restaurant - The Cowfish - Line Production Cooks are responsible for:
- Setting up the work station with materials and supplies, including backup stock.
- Performing cooking duties and related functions.
- Ensuring high levels of food quality that meet or exceed Universal Orlando standards.
- Performing daily spot checks of portioning.
- Providing daily documentation and record keeping of product spoilage.
- Following established safety standards using safe food handling guidelines and ensuring compliance with the State of Florida's HACCP program.
- Understanding and actively participating in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policies, procedures, training, and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
To perform the role of a CityWalk Restaurant - The Cowfish - Line Production Cook successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Consistent attendance is required.
- High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Six months to 1 year line/production cook experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Individuals must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English.
- Individuals must have the ability to write simple correspondence.
- Individuals must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from guests, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Individuals must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Individuals must have the ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Individuals must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure including whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals with the ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Individuals are required to possess current and proper knowledge of usage and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of a CityWalk Restaurant - The Cowfish - Line Production Cook job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand; handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The individual is frequently required to walk; and occasionally required to talk or hear; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and taste or smell.
- The individual must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; color vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of a CityWalk Restaurant - The Cowfish - Line Production Cook job.
- While performing the duties of this job, an individual is regularly exposed to extreme heat (non-weather); frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; and occasionally exposed to extreme cold (non-weather).
- While performing this job, the noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.If you are interested in this position and you have what it takes to be a part of Universal Orlando, click on 'Apply Now'. If not, please check out our Job Search to explore other opportunities within our universe. We regret that due to the volume of responses only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2015 Universal Studios. © 2015 Universal Orlando. All right reserved. EOE
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE