Technical Support Representative
- Full Time
Summit Broadband Inc. is a fiber-based broadband provider delivering a connection that is up to 100 times faster than today's average broadband speeds with crystal clear high definition TV and quality phone service. Summit Broadband delivers the best in telecommunications services in Central and Southwest Florida with a growing team of 250 professionals. This growing, dynamic high-tech company is seeking a Technical Support Representative join our team and grow with us.
Job Title: Technical Support Representative
Report to: Customer Operations Manager
Status: Full Time/Non-Exempt
Demonstrate consistent proficiency in Technical Support skills with an emphasis on Internet connectivity including resolving customer technical issues with utmost courtesy and professionalism. Conduct each call with the objective of resolving customer's issue including offering additional general computer support solutions where appropriate. Responsible for maintaining thorough knowledge of the company’s practices, operations, service offerings, and promotions. This position will include at least one weekend shift.
- Answer end user requests by telephone or in person regarding service offerings and equipment. Follow up with proper internal/external documentation
- Follow through on customer/client requests or inquiries concerning technical services, products, and equipment and work with other departments to resolve reported problems
- Continually maintain working knowledge of all company products and services from a technical standpoint
- Complete service orders and handle customer requests
- Assist in dispatch of technicians to job sites
- Maintain confidentiality of customer information
- Maintain proper documentation in customer files
- Practice organization and time management skills including prioritizing work and requesting additional work when appropriate
- Ensure workstation is maintained in a clean and professional matter
- Additional duties as assigned
- Minimum two year previous internet, cable, or telecommunications technical support/help desk experience including DSL, Ethernet and Cable Modem Connections
- High school diploma or equivalent
- College degree preferred
- At least 18 years of age
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Strong proficiencies in computers with an emphasis on Internet connectivity and networking
- Knowledge of how to use a phone in an ACD environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Function as a team player in peer relationships
- Availability to commit to flexible work schedule
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
Summit Broadband is a drug and tobacco free workplace.
Apply for Technical Support Representative
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly