Company Overview and Benefits
EXPLORE AN AMAZING CAREER AT THE Y
As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through your development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of Central Florida offers more than just a job – we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting impact in your community.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL
The Y impacts lives all over Central Florida through our 27 Family Centers and with over 2,000 employees, giving you tremendous opportunities to make a difference. Whatever your talent, interest, or level of experience, you can realize your potential in an array of available positions in our areas of focus.
SKILLS WE ARE SEEKING IN PASSIONATE CANDIDATES:
- Passion for helping others
- Outstanding relationship builder
- Team player
- Innate leader
- Great communicator
- Proficient in web & new media
- Organized and self-motivated
- High energy and enthusiastic
Visit Our Website | Careers
Group Exercise Instructor / Wellness Coach - Part-time
Are you ready to join one of the most progressive YMCA Associations in the country? At the YMCA of Central Florida we are committed to improving the lives of individuals and families by taking the initiative on healthy living.
The Group Exercise Instructor will lead members in group classes and provide a high level of customer service. Our Wayne Densch Y is searching for a dynamic instructor to lead a variety of group exercise classes. This individual must have high energy, great with cultivating member relations, and technically sound to grow class participation and engagement. S/he must be a strong communicator and motivator. S/he will also spend a portion of their time as a Wellness Coach.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High School graduate or equivalent required, Associates or Bachelors in related field preferred.
- 3 years of professional wellness, or Group Exercise experience required.
- Current nationally recognized certification in Group Exercise; in area of specialization a plus
- Previous customer service experience working in a health club, spa, or healthcare industry strongly preferred.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Previous experience utilizing Technogym products, a plus!
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends and holidays as needed.
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment
- YMCA membership for employees; discounts for spouse and dependents
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information