Internship - Spring 2017 - Legal Department
Expand your universe with Universal Orlando's Campus 2 Career Internship Program! This program can provide not only extensive learning opportunities, but real world experience as well. An Internship with Universal Orlando offers abundant networking and exposure opportunities to one of the world's top entertainment destinations.
SUMMARY: The Legal Intern shall perform tasks as directed by the Universal Creative Legal Department. These tasks may include drafting and editing various contract documents, organizing files, conducting research pertaining to legal and contractual matters and assisting with special projects as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in drafting various contractual documents
- Organize various files and other documents
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Conduct research projects on a variety of topics and other tasks defined by the project or management
- Understand and actively participating in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policies, procedures, training, and Team Member involvement activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- In pursuit of a Law degree at an accredited Law School
- Current class standing of 1L or above
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above (official transcripts available upon request)
- Consistent attendance is a job requirement
- Approximate dates of this internship are from January 2017 – May 2017
- Availability requirement typically includes 24-40 hours per week; Monday through Friday
- Must be pursuing a degree in: Corporate Law, Entertainment Law or Contracts
- Preferred coursework includes: Corporate and/or Entertainment Law
- Ability to interpret contract documents; problem solve variables outside of standard contract practices; ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Superior written & verbal communication skills
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams
- Prior internship experience is preferred in a corporate/entertainment legal environment
ADDITIONAL INTERNSHIP INFORMATION:
In order to be considered, a resume is required with your application and must include major, anticipated graduation date, and cumulative GPA.
Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
Universal Orlando does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Due to the volume of responses, only applicants of interest will be contacted.If you are interested in this position and you have what it takes to be a part of Universal Orlando, click on 'Apply Now'. If not, please check out our Job Search to explore other opportunities within our universe. We regret that due to the volume of responses only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2015 Universal Studios. © 2015 Universal Orlando. All right reserved. EOE
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE