Internship - Spring 2017 - Technical Theater/Show Set Design
Expand your universe with Universal's Campus 2 Career Internship Program! This program can provide not only extensive learning opportunities, but real world experience as well. An Internship with Universal Orlando offers abundant networking and exposure opportunities to one of the world's top entertainment destinations.
SUMMARY: Opportunities in working with Show Set Designs and miscellaneous projects. Supporting development of Show/Ride systems equipment and testing show sets, rockwork, special effects, animated figures and lighting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will work with the design studio core team – focusing on research, creating and revising drawings.
- Review and catalog existing system equipment in our parks.
- Create and/or edit Solid works engineering models
- Perform various types of data gathering and analysis.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of data during capture and input into maintenance management systems.
- Participate in the creation of functional prototypes and/or mockups.
- Understand and actively participate in Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policy, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution
- Current class standing of Sophomore or above
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above (official transcripts available upon request)
- Consistent attendance is a job requirement
- Approximate dates of this internship are from January 2017 – May 2017
- Availability requirement typically includes 24-40 hours per week; Monday through Friday (may include weekends)
- Preferred majors include: Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
- Must have strong computer skills with Microsoft Office products, AutoCAD, and 3D design tools
- If either a Computer Science or Computer Engineering major, then general programming knowledge (C#, Visual Basic, MatLab) is required. Basic knowledge of Linux and Ethernet networking is preferred
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must have strong attention to detail and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities and organization
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams
- Prior internship experience is preferred
ADDITIONAL INTERNSHIP INFORMATION:
In order to be considered, a resume is required with your application and must include major, anticipated graduation date and cumulative GPA.
Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
Universal Orlando does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Due to the volume of responses, only applicants of interest will be contacted.If you are interested in this position and you have what it takes to be a part of Universal Orlando, click on 'Apply Now'. If not, please check out our Job Search to explore other opportunities within our universe. We regret that due to the volume of responses only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2015 Universal Studios. © 2015 Universal Orlando. All right reserved. EOE
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE