Internship - Spring 2017 - Graphic/Themed Entertainment Design
Expand your universe with Universal's Campus 2 Career Internship Program! This program can provide not only extensive learning opportunities, but real world experience as well. An Internship with Universal Orlando offers abundant networking and exposure opportunities to one of the world's top entertainment destinations.
SUMMARY: The intern will assist with the design intent drawing packages for sign programs, both small and large. Intern will specifically, but not limited to creating digital mockups, preparing conceptional design packages, creating artwork for in-park digital content and assisting Graphic managers for team projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the creation of Design Intent drawing packages for sign programs.
- Participate in the creation of functional prototypes and/or mockups.
- Work with other internal departments to collect tracking data, attendance data, forecasting data, financial metrics and other information used to evaluate and analyze UO's business.
- Monitor secondary sources for consumer trends, industry trends, brand/product/category developments, and competitor marketing and research activities and integrate findings into research activities.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policy, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution
- Current class standing of Sophomore or above
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above (official transcripts available upon request)
- Consistent attendance is a job requirement
- Approximate dates of this internship are from January 2017 – May 2017
- Availability requirement typically includes 24-40 hours per week; Monday through Friday (may include weekends)
- Preferred Majors: MBA
- Related Coursework: Statistics; Modeling/Analytics; Strategy; Consumer Research; Brand Management
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and extract key learning from both primary and secondary research
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Adobe Photoshop
- Perform routine data gathering and perform analysis
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint; SPSS is a big plus
- Familiarity with multivariate statistical techniques (i.e., factor analysis, cluster analysis, discriminate analysis, regression, etc.) is a plus
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Superior written & verbal communication skills
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams
- Graphic Design preferably with a focus on Entertainment Design/Production Design
ADDITIONAL INTERNSHIP INFORMATION:
In order to be considered, a resume is required with your application and must include major, anticipated gradation date and cumulative GPA.
Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
Universal Orlando does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.If you are interested in this position and you have what it takes to be a part of Universal Orlando, click on 'Apply Now'. If not, please check out our Job Search to explore other opportunities within our universe. We regret that due to the volume of responses only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2015 Universal Studios. © 2015 Universal Orlando. All right reserved. EOE
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE