Internship - Spring 2017 - Finance
Expand your universe with Universal Orlando's Campus 2 Career Internship Program! This program can provide not only extensive learning opportunities, but real world experience as well. An Internship with Universal Orlando offers abundant networking and exposure opportunities to one of the world's top entertainment destinations.
SUMMARY: This role will primarily be responsible for analyzing costs from large Capital projects and acquiring their assets to the Company's books. Assist teams to document and organize all standard operating procedures (SOP) for and/or assist with cost tracking, vendor payments, monthly financial reporting and managing bank cash requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Document and create “how to” standard operation procedures.
- Review and audit invoices/payment applications. Research issues and make recommendations for resolution.
- Support monthly project cost tracking and reporting.
- Prepare worksheets and analyze budget accounts to verify accuracy, identify business trends or problem areas.
- Research costs from large capital projects.
- Assign asset types, asset lives and Property tax classifications based on research and analysis of costs.
- Communicate with various departments to receive any additional information needed to analyze costs.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policy, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution
- Current class standing of Sophomore or above
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above (official transcripts available upon request)
- Consistent attendance is a job requirement
- Approximate dates of this internship are from January 2017 - May 2017
- Availability requirement typically includes 24-40 hours per week; Monday through Friday (may include weekends)
- Preferred majors include: Business, Accounting and Finance
- Preferred coursework completed: Microsoft Excel, Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Intermediate Financial Accounting, Business Finance, etc.
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Superior written & verbal communication skills
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams
- Prior internship experience is preferred
ADDITONAL INTERNSHIP INFORMATION:
In order to be considered, a resume is required with your application and must include major, anticipated graduation date and cumulative GPA.
Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
Universal Orlando does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Due to the volume of responses, only applicants of interest will be contacted.If you are interested in this position and you have what it takes to be a part of Universal Orlando, click on 'Apply Now'. If not, please check out our Job Search to explore other opportunities within our universe. We regret that due to the volume of responses only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2015 Universal Studios. © 2015 Universal Orlando. All right reserved. EOE
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE