Event Planner - Sales
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Looking to hire a Meeting Planner to manage and sell events. The candidate will also be responsible for developing new sales leads with a focus in sales revenue and must build proposals for all size clients.
It will be the candidate’s responsibility to develop and promote business partnerships and he/she must provide assistance and guidance in all aspects of the pre-planning stage of an event(s) all the way through to the successful execution of an event(s).
- Ensuring account information within our sales operating system is accurate.
- Actively participating when necessary on all planning events such as meetings, trade shows, conventions and conferences.
- Developing a detailed understanding of our products and services.
- Exhibiting a consultative sales approach to determine a customer’s needs.
- Developing price quotations and bids that are complete and accurate.
- Traveling, as necessary for sales and onsite management of events.
- Maintaining a strong sales pipeline, retaining existing relationships, and building new client relationships.
- Developing multi-show management relationships with existing clients so that we may renew/book their established accounts for repeat business.
- Excellent verbal, written, and electronic communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, CRM)
- (1-2) years of convention, tradeshow, or hospitality industry related experience.
- Ideal candidate will have experience with inside or outside event sales.
- Proven sales or customer facing (with revenue generation) experience in the events industry.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Orlando, Florida, United States
Job Type: Full-time salary + Commission