Customer Service Rep
- Career Level
- Entry Level
Essential Functions (fundamental, crucial job duties performed in a position. include how the person is to perform them including frequency of tasks)
- Answers incoming calls and makes any necessary follow up outbound calls.
- Knowledgeable in the processing of Toll transactions in the system; receives, processes, and deposits payments; updates accounts as to their status; and opens new accounts.
- Takes credit card payments over the phone for the Good To Go! accounts, noticed transactions, and new accounts.
- Researches and resolves customer issues.
- Processes and fills out multiple types of electronic forms.
- Performs data entry.
- Documents phone calls and actions in the database.
- Receives and processes account update requests from inbound phone calls.
- Troubleshoots situations accurately, quickly and efficiently for customers on the phone.
- Helps other departments with their tasks when inbound call volume is low.
- Maintains an above average attendance record.
- Meets or exceeds productivity standards.
- Completes daily task in compliance with established policies and procedures.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Passage of a standardized test, indicating rudimentary skills in data entry, writing, math skills and language skills
- Ability to learn and operate computer software programs for accessing and controlling CSC/VPC systems or ITS field devices with strong computer and data entry skills
- Outstanding verbal communication skills (phone etiquette).
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task, and highly organized.
- Able to sit for up to 4 hours at a time.
- Must demonstrate regular and predictable attendance for assigned shift.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prior customer service or Call Center experience preferred.
Medical, Dental, and Vision offered, plus Life and Disability, with a 401K and company matching