Business Development Manager-January
Business Development Manager
Maybe people have been telling you that you should get into sales because you can sell a cage to a lion. Maybe you're already in a sales role and you want a new challenge or you're not being rewarded. This opportunity is for someone that wants to make an impact long term. We want to interview creative sales people that want more than a 9-5. People that want to get out of the office but understand that in order to do that you put the time in when you are in the office. This is a long term opportunity to grow and develop with a leading global wholesaler in the travel industry. If you're not prepared to make high volume phone calls in the office and five business trips + per day out of the office then stop reading at this point.
Tourico Holidays is currently seeking applicants for the graduate sales training group that begins on January 16th, 2017. This is a 8-week fast paced training program that takes place in our purpose built the academy in Orlando, Florida.
This program is designed to grow and develop leaders in key business areas taught by executives, experienced travel professionals, and highly qualified guest professors. It provides exposure to the glamorous side of the travel industry through jet-setting field trips, hands-on projects, and applicable workshops.
Similar to various Fortune 500 leadership developmental programs, this intensive training program prepares individuals for a career with an industry leader, Tourico Holidays. From the start of the program, students receive return flight to Orlando, housing, meal plan and laptop.
*There is no base pay during the first 8 weeks of training*
- Develop strategies to achieve company objectives- Exceed sales goals by maximizing exposure of key company products.
- Report regularly to Regional Sales Director- Identify and analyze market trends within the designated territory, market analysis, market intelligence and proposed strategy in order to increase sales/revenue generation; sales/marketing strategy.
- Carry out business development with existing customers; evaluate their potential business, top selling destinations, and hotels.
- Prepare weekly/monthly progress reports summarizing sales initiatives accomplished during the week/month and resources required supporting the initiatives.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Tourico Holidays products and ensure knowledge is leveraged effectively to clients.
- Develop sales strategy with the product management departments- Identify new product need, preferred partnerships, rate issues, and market focused promotions.
- Manage budgets and achieve sales targets for the designated region.
- Participle in industry trade shows and events.
- Maintain regular contact with the accounting department to ensure that payments are received in a smoothly timely manner.
- Travel at least 50% in the designated territory as well as to Company meetings and trade shows around the world.
- Self-motivated, goal orientated and target driven individual with a willingness to work independently and productively within a sizable geographic territory.
- An adaptable, clear and analytical thinker with the ability to work under pressure.
- A high commercial understanding with a proven experience of solution selling, excellent problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Excellent English, verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to produce usable, maintainable documentation, and excellent presentation.
- Ability to work on multiple projects within tight time frames,
- Good understanding of management accounts with a head for figures.
- Passport/ability to travel to and from the United States
- Imaginative and modern presentation skills for both preparation and delivery
At Tourico Holidays, we lead the industry by demonstrating that we invest in our employees and provide a means for self-development that can match the career aspirations of any potential employee. This is your chance to join and develop with a company that already operates with 4,500 clients in 100 countries, in an industry that has near endless technological and geographical growth opportunities.
The start date in Orlando, Florida is January 16th. You will need to be available to travel up to four days prior to this date. We do facilitate transportation and transfers.