Mental Health Therapist
The FAMILY INTEGRATION CENTER Mental Health Therapist provides on-site therapeutic services to children, adolescents and adults. Therapy will be provided for a period of one to six months after intake at FAMILY INTEGRATION CENTER
Job duties as a Mental Health Therapist position will include:
- Trauma focused therapeutic individual for children, adolescents and adults.
- Play therapy for children ages 3 to 12, as appropriate.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for parents and children, when appropriate.
- Family therapy sessions.
- Participates in regular multidisciplinary team meetings at FAMILY INTEGRATION CENTER.
- Maintains service records and statistics.
- Participates in clinical supervision at least monthly with Supervisor
- Consult with supervisor and/or Clinical Director when necessary and appropriate.
Education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Master’s level as a social worker, mental health, psychologist, criminal justice, and human related field.
- Minimum 1 year of experience for outpatient positions.
- Strong therapy and assessment skills
- Must have expertise and be willing to work with children, adolescents, and adults.
- Experience in performing brief short-term therapy (e.g. cognitive behavioral therapy or solution-focused therapy.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, valid auto liability insurance and a good driving record, plus own transportation to complete the travel requirements of the job.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- All applicants must pass a Level 2 DCF Background Screening, Local Law Check and Drug Screening.
- Considerable knowledge of the techniques and principles of child and family development, family systems.
- Theory, crisis therapy intervention, individual, family, individual therapy trauma response, child abuse, family violence and trauma focused interventions.
- Considerable knowledge of community resources throughout Polk, Seminole, Osceola, Orange, and Brevard County.
- Strong communication and counseling skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with FAMILY INTEGRATION CENTER team members.
- Maintain confidentiality of records relating to client treatment.
- Assess patients for risk of suicide attempts.
- Encourage clients to express their feelings and discuss what is happening in their lives, helping them to develop insight into themselves or their relationships.
- Collect information about clients through interviews, observation, or tests.
- Counsel clients or patients, individually or in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, or making changes
- Guide clients in the development of skills or strategies for dealing with their problems.
- Develop and implement treatment plans based on clinical experience and knowledge.
- Fill out and maintain client-related paperwork, including federal- and state-mandated forms, client diagnostic records, and progress notes.
- Prepare and maintain all required treatment records and reports.
- Evaluate clients' physical or mental condition, based on review of client information.
- Collaborate with other staff members to perform clinical assessments or treatment plans.
- Refer clients, or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary.
- Act as client advocates to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
- Modify treatment activities or approaches as needed to comply with changes in clients' status.
- Counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, or supporting clients or patients.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counseling programs on clients' progress in resolving identified problems and moving towards defined objectives.
- Discuss with individual patients their plans for life after leaving therapy.
- Meet with families, probation officers, police, or other interested parties to exchange necessary information during the treatment process.
- Plan, organize, or lead structured programs of counseling, work, study, recreation, or social activities for clients.
- Computer/Tablet PC
- Telephone System
- Fax/Copy Machine
Employment Type: Full-Time/Part-Time.
Job Type: Health Care.
Education: Masters Degree.
Certification of Receipt and Understanding
I hereby certify that I have reviewed a complete copy of my position description and workplace environment and understand my duties, responsibilities and workplace environment as described in the job description. I agree to perform the duties herein.