Donor Marketing Project Assistant
- Full Time
Pay Level: Unit 2 Level 7 $14.53/hr min.
To provide project coordination to the Executive Director of Donor Development and to the Direct Marketing team in execution of their tasks and managing relationships with vendors, freelancers, internal departments. Also to provide project oversight to Cru’s new monthly pledge program. This role helps accomplish the team mission of increasing effectiveness in raising funds and building global fund development capacity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
As an employee with Cru:
- Actively and intentionally grow in his/her Christian faith
- Maintain a positive witness for Christ
- Express a dependence on the Holy Spirit
- Share what God is teaching him or her
- Consistently attend and participate in team/ministry devotional times
For this position:
- Manage monthly pledge program invitation process, monthly reminder letters, lapsed notification letters and calls, requesting magazine subscriptions and monitoring donor fulfillment.
- Ministering to donors by imparting vision, connecting them to the Great Commission, listening and praying for them
- Make timely requests to FDS for URLs, campaign codes and data selects for all jobs. Keep style guide updated for freelancers.
- Assist Executive Director with calendar appointments and monitoring key job deadlines, meeting prep: preparing reports, presentations, travel arrangements, etc.
- Manage the project details from start to finish for USDEV’s email appeals and donor appreciation mailings produced by direct marketing team; This includes creating the project schedule, communicating with freelancers, reviewing copy and art for accuracy and effectiveness, proofing for errors, managing data selection process, and approving print production proofs.
QUALIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate competency with very high relational skills particularly with donors, freelancers and internal colleagues
- Proficient with project management and meeting tools such as WebEx, Google, Asana and troubleshoot problems..
- Strong detail orientation
- Copy editing and proofreading techniques
- Communicate in a professional manner, in speaking and writing
- Anticipate department needs and take initiative to resolve without guidance or direction
- Be highly organized and be able to prioritize efficiently
- Be creative and efficient in problem-solving skills
- Effectively manage administrative details on multiple simultaneous projects
- Proficient with MS Office software products, Google Apps and project management software.
- Anticipate what administrative details need to be addressed
- Disciplined self-starter who regularly sets and achieves work goals and deadlines and makes independent judgments.
- Minimal domestic travel required
- Demonstrate high energy level and multi-tasker
- Work under pressure and adapt to constant changes.
- Learn quickly.
- View ministry partner development as a vital ministry.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Two-year college degree/specialized training and 3-5 years of experience. Will consider combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Cru preferred.
- Experience in development and/or direct response advertising agency highly preferred.