Executive Assistant to the US LDHR Director/HR Project Lead
- Full Time
Pay Level: Unit 2 Level 7 $14.53/hr min.
To facilitate the U.S. National LDHR Director’s relationships with staff, ministry leaders, and other LDHR partners to help build a growth culture at Cru that increases staff fruitfulness and effectiveness. To assist the U.S. National LDHR Director in building a united community of LDHR leaders by creating regular opportunities for him to connect with them to help establish policy and communication norms and address concerns that will lead to a higher level of HR functionality across the ministry. To help the US. National Director carry out the LDHR Strategic Plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- As an employee with Cru:
- Actively and intentionally grow in his/her Christian faith
- Maintain a positive witness for Christ
- Express a dependence on the Holy Spirit
- Share what God is teaching him or her
- Consistently attend and participate in team/ministry devotional times.
- Coordinate regular meetings for the LDHR Executive team in person and by phone and schedule meetings with the CSE members as well. Work alongside the U.S. National LDHR Director to create agendas and coordinate speakers and trainings as needed. Take notes during the meetings and disseminate the information including action steps to the participants. Ensure that progress is made on projects by recording action points in a central place and then following up with team members for updates.
- Help create effective strategies for the U.S. National LDHR Director to have a regular cadence of communication with his team and other key leaders at Cru.
- Manage the U.S. National LDHR Director’s relationships with other LDHR professionals and staff throughout the ministry by scheduling meetings and phone calls when needed.
- Help gather and streamline data received from the BCWI report and other feedback mechanisms at Cru to identify trends and prepare a report of the findings that can be presented to the U.S National LDHR Director as well as other leaders at Cru, work with the U.S. National LDHR Director to create action steps as appropriate.
- Manage the U.S. National LDHR Director’s correspondence, phone calls, email and calendar; respond for the U.S. National LDHR Director when appropriate.
- Participate in strategic planning with the U.S. National LDHR Director and help define what projects will be the focal point of each year.
- Serve as a project lead for at least one LDHR project each year. Serve alongside the U.S. National LDHR Director in the SLI program and provide administrative support as necessary.
- Meet weekly with the U.S. National LDHR Director to help determine priorities, set up a plan to accomplish tasks, and help delegate responsibilities.
- Interpersonal skills including tact, patience and courtesy
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment
- Human resource practices
- Intermediate to advanced database operations
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary
- Ministry organization, operations, policies and objectives
- Interact with high level leaders, LDHR staff, and vendors with outstanding relational skills that build trust and confidence
- Lead a team of LDHR staff on a project and be able to delegate appropriately
- To communicate in a professional manner, in speaking and writing
- Be highly organized and be able to prioritize efficiently
- Understand office practices, procedures and equipment
- Be solution-oriented
- Be goal and task oriented with the ability to keep projects moving and meet deadlines
- Creatively and efficiently problem-solve
- Manage administrative details on multiple simultaneous projects
- Proficient with MS Office software products
- Have foresight to anticipate what administrative details need to be addressed in order to accomplish delegated tasks/be a self starter and take initiative
- Travel as needed
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree and 3-5 years of experience. Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with CRU is preferred.