Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply online at: https://jobs.mvwcareers.com/job/orlando/front-desk-manager/719/3044405
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Marriott Ownership Resorts Inc. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others'vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premierorganization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around theglobe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that makevacation dreams come true.
Assists the Front Office Manager in administering front officefunctions and supervising staff on a daily basis. Front office areas includeBell/Door Staff, Switchboard and Guest Services/Front Desk. Position directsand works with managers and employees to carry out procedures ensuring anefficient check in and check out process. Ensures guest and employeesatisfaction and maximizes the financial performance of the department.
Relocation Assistance Provided-Plan 1
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 2-3 years' experience in the guestservices and/or front desk, and 1 year of front desk and/or guest servicemanagement experience.
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in HospitalityManagement; 2 years' experience in the guest services and/or front desk, and 1year of front desk and/or guest service management experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Maintaining Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards andmeeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, andaccomplish your work.
- Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievancesand conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service,operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening withemployees to create awareness of business objectives and communicateexpectations, recognizes performance, and produces desired results.
- Understands the impact of department's operations on the overallproperty financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed goals.
Supporting Management of Front Desk Team
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead,influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decisionmaking; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourages and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperationamong team members.
- Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-dayoperations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties inemployees' absence.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships withemployees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
- Supervises all areas of the Front Office in the absence of theFront Office or Assistant Front Office Manager.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customersatisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals tounderstand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coachingwhen needed.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback toindividuals.
- Interacts with customers to obtain feedback on quality of product,service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Ensures employees understand customer service expectations andparameters.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality andservice levels.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings andfocuses on continuous improvement.
Managing Projects and Policies
- Implements the customer recognition/service program, communicatingand ensuring the process.
- Trains staff and monitors adherence to all credit policies andprocedures to reduce bad debts and rebates.
- Supervises same day selling procedures to maximize room revenueand control property occupancy.
- Supervises daily Front Desk shift operations and ensurescompliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly andconsistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed accordingto Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support thePeer Review Process.
Supporting Human Resource Activities
- Supports the developmental needs of others and coaching,mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an open door policy andreviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problemsor concerns.
- Brings issues concerning employee satisfaction to the attention ofthe department manager and Human Resources.
- Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee teammembers with the appropriate skills.
- Supports a departmental orientation program for employees toreceive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinatesby telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the bestsolution and solve problems.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and thesubordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Performs all duties at the Front Desk as necessary.
- Runs Front Desk shifts whenever necessary.
- Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicatesa clear and consistent message regarding the Front Desk goals to producedesired results.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide isan equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce andsustaining an inclusive culture.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Customer Service, Front Desk