Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, United Capital Corp. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Director of Sales and Marketing Marriott Orlando Downtown
Marriott Hotels and Resorts Marriott International flagship brand, with 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that guests can travel brilliantly! As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
The Marriott Orlando Downtown, designed by Marriott, will be the anchor of the UCF Downtown campus and the Creative Village development west of I-4. The rebirth of this now closed property will occur in the spring of 2017 with 297 rooms, 20,000 square feet of meeting space, M Club and roof top bar. This franchised property will be part of United Capital Corp./AFP Management lodging portfolio.
The Marriott Orlando Downtown is looking for a dynamic and seasoned Director of Sales and Marketing. The ideal candidate will possess 8-10 years of previous Hotel Experience that includes pre-opening/renovation knowledge and expertise. Local Applicants are preferred. Marriott and Orlando Market Experience is a plus. CI/TY experienced is strongly considered.
The person we seek will lead strategic direction, management and top-line revenues, working directly with the General Manager in creating a clear and credible vision for the hotel. Implement and manage the hotel sales and marketing plans by recommending growth efforts, monitoring progress, and ensuring that the hotel is competitively positioned within the local marketplace. Understands the Orlando Market mix and aligns human resources, structures and systems to achieve strategic goals and maximize revenues.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
As Director of Sales and Marketing, you are responsible for working closely with the Senior Management Team to drive business needs and expand existing business through promotional efforts and sales channels. A Director of Sales Marketing will work to develop the sales group and groom a high-performing sales team. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage hotel sales and marketing plans to ensure they accurately interpret and support the objectives of the business and use these plans to focus the sales efforts for all market segments
- Work closely with the Senior Management Team to identify and drive focused activities on elements of the business that require additional support
- Prepare company contracts for the hotel in accordance with current business and pricing conditions
- Develop the group team through leadership and by example to include sales development; participate in the hiring of team members, and their future success
- Direct and manage the forecasting process in conjunction with the Revenue Department to insure accurate, timely and complete information. Compile and/or direct the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the Sales Department to include, but not limited to the annual and monthly Forecast, Lead Management System, and Booking Reports
- Actively participate and complete the preparation of the annual Sales and Market Plan, Quarterly Updates, and the Hotels' Annual Budgets. Execute initiatives as outlined; swiftly implement strategies/tactics to offset changes in markets, economy or driven by the competitive set. Organize and/or attend scheduled group and related meetings
- Contribute to the development of company sales and marketing initiatives by recommending, implementing and monitoring appropriate local activity
- Organize comprehensive information describing the range of products and services offered by the hotel and deliver this information through relevant sales resources and sales channels to existing and potential Guests
- Produce accurate and timely reports that meet the needs of the hotel and the management company
- Prepare and present, on a monthly basis, the contribution, focus and activity of the proactive sales team to the hotel owners and senior management team
- Cooperate with other departments in the hotel, particularly Reservations and the Banqueting Department, to create an exceptional Guest Experience and build strong, comprehensive sales programs
- Contribute to relevant management meetings to develop and implement sales and marketing initiatives
- Responsible for assisting in completion and communication of monthly sales/revenue results to the General Manager, Director of Finance and VP of Operations
- Actively participates in weekly yield meeting
- Works with Revenue Management on monthly, quarterly and annual group rooms forecasting
- Regular analysis of industry intelligence reports (Star, Rubicon, Agency 360, Pulse and Bandwidth etc.)
- Pulls and analyzes appropriate data to develop and recommend appropriate actions
- Assist with individual quarterly action plans and Annual Reviews of group sales team
- Ensure that accurate and thorough notes/traces of accounts are maintained via Property Management Systems
- Strong Selling Skills
- Ability to inspire, lead and manage a team by example
- Act as owner of the hotel and communicate a clear sense of strategy and purpose
- Strong analytical skills and computer skills including Word and Excel
- Well organized, detail oriented with excellent follow-up
- Must possess excellent communication skills both internally and externally
- Ability to convert vision into specific and tangible actions to benefit the hotel
- Needs to possess nimbleness by changing with the needs of the Marriott hotel and emulate the Marriott Culture
- Medical and Dental Insurance, 401k and Bonus plan are offered.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.