- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
************************** PART TIME ********************************************
SUMMARY OF POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
General Maintenance and Repair of Buildings, Facilities, Equipment, and Grounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including percentage of time):
Meet or exceed the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Perform functions on ladders or above ground level such as Change light bulbs and lighting fixtures, string wire in the ceilings etc.
- Must possess the ability to work with machinery such as power tools and maintenance equipment.
- Possess a valid drivers license and able to operate a pick-up-truck.
- Manual labor including lifting heavy loads, moving furniture and other office equipment.
- Performs a variety of work in the maintenance and repair of buildings and grounds at various facilities/sites including carpentry, electrical, plumbing and painting tasks.
- Repairs and treats structures such as floors, sinks, walls, and carpets.
- Performs minor troubleshooting, repairs and adjustments of locks on doors, cabinets, desks, closets; repair door hinges; hooks up appliances, reports mechanical malfunctions to appropriate person for action.
- Identifies projects requiring the services of a higher skilled crafts person; assist in obtaining quotes and arranging for services of outside vendors as needed.
- Maintains a clean, safe and orderly work site.
- Maintains an excel log of all repairs performed and cost of each repair
- Maintains an excel log for all work/repairs requested and a time frame for completion
COMPLEXITY OF WORK:
RELATIONSHIP OUTSIDE OF OFFICE/DEPARTMENT TEAM: Will work with all branches and all team members and will do so with courtesy and expediency.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (if applicable): None
QUALIFICATIONS: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1.REGULAR ATTENDANCE is required.
2.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE (Please indicate required or preferred)
- Must have at least 5 years of general maintenance experience
- Be familiar with electrical repair regulations
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- As needed
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Knowledgeable understanding of plumbing and electrical regulations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
None Regularly Occasionally Frequently
Talk or Hear
Use Hands to Feel, Handle, or finger tools, or controls
Climb or balance
Stoop, Kneel, crouch or crawl
Reach with Hands and Arms
Taste or Smell
A.Does this job require that weight be lifted or force be exerted? If so, how much and how often?
None Up to 1/3 1/3 to 2/3 2/3 and more
Up to 10 Pounds
Up to 25 Pounds
Up to 50 Pounds
Up to 100 Pounds
More than 100 Pounds
B.Does this job have any special vision requirements? Close Vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less). Color Vision (Ability to identify and distinguish colors)
Note on Special Requirements; ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this job, the noise level in the work environment is Moderate Noise (Examples, business office with typewriters, telephones, and or computer printer, light traffic)