Purchasing Agent - Certified
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Procurement Services of Lake County Schools is looking for an experienced certified purchasing professional to join its dynamic team. This is a full time permanent position which offers a full list of employee benefits, plus five paid holidays, paid winter break and one week paid spring break. We are interested in speaking to those that are passionate about using their research and negotiation skills to benefit our schools and students.
As a certified purchasing agent you will be expected to
- Coordinate the procurement of district supplies and services
- Provide market research on cost effective and competitive pricing of supplies and services.
- Act as a liaison between suppliers and departments
- Consult with departments on the requirements, specifications, quantity, quality and delivery of requisitions.
- Negotiates with consultants, contractors, and suppliers regarding policies, procedures, scope of work, terms and conditions and information on products and services.
- Makes recommendations on bids, proposals and architects/engineers
- Must have a Certified Purchasing Buyer or Certified Public Purchasing Officer certification
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience (within last 10 years) in public procurement
- Or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Apply for Purchasing Agent - Certified
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly