Communicator I New
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- Lead special interest tours for general visitors and special interest groups, including the NASA Up-Close Tour and the Cape Canaveral: Then & Now Tour.
- Present Rocket Garden walking tours and Mission Status Briefings to general visitors and special groups.
- Deliver Astronaut Encounter introductions including managing a question and answer segment of each show, and act as master of ceremonies for the Dine With an Astronaut luncheon to general visitors and special groups.
- Offer briefings and shows to educational field trip program participants and youth groups.
- Engage families and/or small groups of guests by answering questions and initiating space related conversations throughout the exhibits and displays of KSCVC.
- Research and maintain knowledge of past, present and future space exploration information from approved sources.
- Develop and maintain detailed program outlines and interpretation strategies for all presentations and shows.
- Assist with visitor communications through correspondence and the internet.
- Lead and/or support special projects as assigned by management, such as Launch support operations.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB DUTIES
- Be current on NASA activities, rocket launches and space events including commercial space activities at KSC, Cape Canaveral, and worldwide.
- Have supplies ready and packed for assigned SITs and other tasks.
- Prepare and deliver Special Interest Tours (SIT), Mission Status Briefings, Rocket Garden walking tours, Astronaut Encounter presentation, Dine With an Astronaut luncheon, and launch commentaries.
- Support Launch and other special events as needed.
- Support NASA/DNC VIP tours as required.
- Bachelors degree in a related field.
- Prior experience in researching and delivering educational presentations in an attraction setting preferred.
- Prior writing and communications skills.
- Ability to interpret complex technical information confidently and effectively to visitors of varying ages and backgrounds.
- Thorough knowledge of NASA programs and objectives preferred.
- Use of A/V devices such as microphones, Computer knowledge w/ Windows Pro XP PPT, Word, Excel, etc
Conditions of Employment
All applicants may be subject to pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.