- Food / Beverage
Our Exciting Work Environment
The Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex houses amazing exhibits, tours and inspiring shows that immerse you into the past, present and future of the space program. Our operations include food and beverage, retail, educational programs, tours and the Astronaut Hall of Fame.
- Assist Executive Chef with daily supervision and production of the kitchen operations.
- Assist Executive Chef in menu development, scheduling, food and labor costs, and sanitation.
- Plan, prepare, and execute high volume meals, banquets and catered food.
- Assist Executive Chef with management of the kitchen staff, including supervising, scheduling, coaching, and training.
- Coordinate and actively participate in event operations.
- Oversee inventory of food product and coordinate product ordering and receiving, in accordance with corporate specifications.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen to comply with all state and local Health Department regulations.
- Continuously monitor food and labor costs to adhere to budgets.
- Minimum 3 years Culinary Arts experience in a high volume operation.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge of restaurant operations, including fine dining, and banquet catering.
- Familiar with monitoring food and labor costs, menu development and costing.
- Familiar with ordering and inventory procedures.
- ServSafe Certification preferred. ACF certification preferred. Must obtain certification within 2 years of employment. Candidate must complete a cooking practical.
- Strong organizational, communication and leadership skills.
- Commitment to excellence in guest service.