Sales - Automotive - New and Pre - Owned
The Salesperson is directly responsible for selling new and pre-owned vehicles at dealership gross profit, volume and customer satisfaction standards.
Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Professionally approaches, greets, and offers assistance or direction in a friendly and energetic manner to any guest who enters the dealership property.
- Determine each customer’s vehicle needs by asking questions and listening carefully to their responses.
- Follows dealership sales process as directed by Sales Management. Demonstrate new vehicles. Offer test drives to all prospects; obtain proper identification from customer prior to test drive; follow pre-determined test drive route.
- Ensures the sales manager has an opportunity to meet every customer.
- Turns 100% of closed deals to a Financial Services Consultant along with properly completed paperwork in accordance with established dealership policies.
- Prepare sold vehicles for delivery prior to customer arrival. Deliver new vehicles to customers. This process ensures that the customer understands the vehicle’s operating features, warranty and paperwork, and lays the foundation for customer loyalty.
- Utilizes dealership sales control (Dealer Socket) system.
- Maintain an owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral business and contributes to customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for 100% email collection from all sales opportunities that present themselves to the dealership.
- Maintain a prospect development system.
- Keep abreast of new products, features, accessories, etc., and their benefits to customers.
- Attends product and sales training courses as determined by sales management and manufacturer. Maintains required dealership certifications.
- Establish personal income goals that are consistent with dealership standards of productivity, and devise a strategy to meet those goals.
- Sells/Leases and delivers a minimum of 9 units per month.
- Attend sales meetings.
- Report to the Sales Managers regarding objectives, planned activities, reviews and analyses.
- Review and analyze actions at the end of each day week, month, and year to determine how to better utilize time and plans more effectively.
- Understand the terminology of the automobile business and keep in touch with technological changes in the product.
- Know and understand equity and values, and be able to explain depreciation to the customer.
- Know and understand the federal, state and local laws that govern retail auto sales. Adhere to all Safeguarding, Red Flag, and 8300 procedures and policies.
- Introduce customers to service and parts department personnel to emphasize to customers the quality and efficiency of the dealership’s service operations and the quality and variety of retail parts and accessories. Schedules the first service appointment.
- Exhibit a high level of commitment to customer satisfaction. Maintain a minimum customer satisfaction standard equal to or above the manufacturer expected average.
- Adherence to all attendance and punctuality standards.
- Adherence to timekeeping standards; Employees are required to record the beginning and ending times of any shift, meal break or departure from work for personal reasons.
- Understand and follow all work rule policies and procedures.
- Follow the Code of Business Ethics and Conduct.
- Maintains a professional clean and pressed business appearance as determined by dealership management.
High school diploma or equivalent. Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record. Professional appearance. Excellent communication skills.
Understand sense of urgency relative to ensure customer satisfaction and business needs.
Will stand and move throughout the dealership facility (lot, showroom, service department, offices) for most of the shift. Work shifts will include 5-6 day work weeks, nights and ‘Bell to Bell’ schedules, averaging 45-55 hours per week.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Will spend time out-doors, under varying climate conditions, showing vehicles to prospective customers and to drive vehicles in traffic during test drives.
During winter months, as needed, will assist in cleaning vehicles from snow.
Evening, holiday and weekend work hours will be required.