Sr. Manager Facility Design - Universal Creative
Universal Creative is the planning and development division of Universal Parks and Resorts™, which is one of the many businesses within NBCUniversal™. We are ideally situated in Orlando, Florida, which has become widely known as the theme park and resort capital of the world. We are responsible for the design, development, and delivery of all resort and theme park concepts for all of Universal vacation destinations worldwide - Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as new destinations planned for Europe, Asia, and the United Arab Emirates. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world.Responsible for the Architectural and Engineering resort-wide destination design and management for new and existing, international and domestic projects. Also manages the resources, finances, and schedule of that project.
- Manages Architecture and Engineering designs for Resort Wide international and/or domestic projects, accomplished with in-house support of the project team or various consultants. Configures layout components for Park Wide sites of new Theme Parks, attractions, and/or Hotels. Manages phases of schematic design through construction documents including the bidding process by coordinating with the design team, operations, consultants and project management staff. Screens and selects a contractor to support the field after the bidding process is negotiated through the general contractor or director to the owner for the area development scope. Performs presentations and interfaces with the creative team/project management staff during and at the completion of each phase to validate design intent and cost targets.
- Performs site development design and management for new attraction, hotel and resort-wide land uses. Reviews requirement evaluations for outside design resources and forecasts for resource requirements for each phase of the project. Monitors Architecture and Engineering team expenditures. Delivers weekly progress reports on the status of the project and other outside Architecture and Engineering design efforts. Researches and diagrams regional aspects for a new projects. Oversees construction in the field including identifying and resolving discrepancies between construction and drawings and/or design intent. Presents design information to senior management and other team members.
- Directs consultants and direct reports through the design phases from preliminary/master planning through project administration.
- Interfaces with joint venture partnerships, operations for the parks/attractions/hotels, and governmental agencies for the common goal of project intent.
- Works within the team structure to establish and maintain common cost/schedule goals.
- Interfaces with UPR domestic and/or International staff for on-going quality control of existing projects.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree is required from a four-year college or university in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Administration, Construction Management or a related field.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Professional license in architecture and/or engineering is preferred.
- 10-15 years' document production experience for the entertainment industry is required.
- 10-15 years' relevant design and construction/project management experience.
- 10+ years' thorough knowledge and experience of theme park projects including operations, maintenance, major ride/show systems, and construction is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
We regret, due to the volume of responses, only applicants of interest will be contacted. Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
To go directly to this position cut and paste the Job Posting number: 28326BR
IT'S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2016 Universal Studios. © 2016 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE