Assistant Manager Facility Design - Universal Creative
Universal Creative is the planning and development division of Universal Parks and Resorts™, which is one of the many businesses within NBCUniversal™. We are ideally situated in Orlando, Florida, which has become widely known as the theme park and resort capital of the world. We are responsible for the design, development, and delivery of all resort and theme park concepts for all of Universal vacation destinations worldwide - Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as new destinations planned for Europe, Asia, and the United Arab Emirates. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world.Assists the Facility Design Manager with oversight and management of the Architectural and Engineering design and construction administration effort for the assigned project. Assists the Facility Design Manager with the development of drawings and sketches required to design and plan new Theme Parks venues including the review of the Architectural and Engineering designs from outside firms. Provides drawings, sketches, and solutions for the contractor during the construction administration phase.
- Provide Drawings and sketches in support of the Facility Design Manager and the project team including completing architectural drawings in AutoCAD to support the creative project assigned to. Providing electronic 3-D modeling services in Sketch Up or other formats that accurately and clearly depict the architectural design intent. Ability to assemble documentation into a presentation format utilizing Adobe Photoshop, Power Point and/or other digital formats
- Monitors construction in the field including identifying and resolving discrepancies between the construction drawings and / or the design intent. Participates in the management and response to the various requests for information. Assists the Facility Design Manager with the evaluation of the Architecture and Engineering vendor's response to requests for information and the preparation of modification documents. Responsible for providing clarifications and in-field solutions to the contractor during construction utilizing drawings, sketches, and 3-D electronic models.
- Participates in the management of the Architecture and Engineering vendors through the design and construction phase of the project. Reviews the drawings to make sure that the creative design intent is maintained during the preparation of design documents by the Architecture and Engineering vendors and other outside parties.
- Attends weekly project, Contractor, Architectural and Engineering vendor meetings. Assists with the coordination between the Architecture and Engineering vendors and the ride / show vendors including the development of all preliminary final facility impacts.
- Responsible for providing aesthetic design, color boards, sketching and drafting needed to convey the design intent to outside Architectural and Engineering firms
- Provides drawings, program and other design / technical information required to support the development of the Architecture and Engineering scope of work / request for proposal documents, and assists the Facility Design Manager with the responses to questions / clarification during the proposal process.
- Assists the Facility Design Manager with the management of the Architecture / Engineering schedule for facility design and with the monitoring of the Architecture and Engineering vendors required schedule to insure that they meet their milestone delivery dates in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree: Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management degree is required.
- Master's degree in: Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management degree is preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Licensed Architect or Engineer is required.
- 3-5 Years: Required Turn-key projects experience, specifically within the entertainment/theme park industry.
- 3-5 Years: Required relevant design and construction/project management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hand and Computer drawing, and drafting skills required.
- Experience with AUTO CADD, Sketch Up, Adobe Photoshop, illustrator, and PowerPoint required.
- Knowledge of forecasting and budget allocation techniques.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Familiarity of international (expatriate assignments) is highly desirable.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
We regret, due to the volume of responses, only applicants of interest will be contacted. Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
To go directly to this position cut and paste the Job Posting number: 28440BR
IT'S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2016 Universal Studios. © 2016 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE