Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply online at: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1144011&d=External&rb=TMP&r=5000146409306
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Marriott Ownership Resorts Inc. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
The Assistant Front Office Manager is responsible for leading and overseeing the daily operations of the Front office areas which includes Bell Services, At Your Service (PBX), Gate House operations, and Guest Services/Front Desk. The Assistant Front Office Manager strives to ensure guest and employee satisfaction and achieve the operating budget. Assists in completing financial and administrative responsibilities.
Relocation Assistance Provided.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; and 2+ years' experience in the guest services, front desk, or housekeeping services. Must have at least 1 year of previous hospitality management experience in Front Office or a combination of Front Office/Housekeeping Operations. Prefer candidates with a Bachelor's degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Management of Front Desk Team
Monitoring and Supporting Progress Toward Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourages and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Supports all day-to-day operations.
- Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
- Coaches, counsels and encourages employees.
- Handles employee questions and concerns.
- Supports all areas of the Front Office in the absence of the Front Office or Front Desk Manager.
- Guides daily Front Desk shift operations.
- Communicates performance expectations to employees in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Participates in department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Desk goals to produce desired results.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Trains staff on adherence to all credit policies and procedures to reduce bad debts and rebates.
- Supervises same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and property occupancy.
- Understands the impact of Front Desk operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives.
Managing Projects and Policies
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
- Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
Supporting Handling of Human Resource Activities
- Implementing the customer recognition/service program, communicating and ensuring the process.
- Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
- Ensures employees have the proper supplies and uniforms.
- Assists in the use of a guest information tracking system to ensure that a successful repeat guest recognition program is in use to recognize guest preferences and aid in problem resolution.
- Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Provides feedback to individuals based on observation of service behaviors.
- Participates in an ongoing employee recognition program.
- Conducts training when appropriate.
- Participates in the employee performance appraisal process.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Informs and/or updating the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Performs all duties at the Front Desk as necessary.
- Understands the functions of the Bell Staff, Switchboard and Concierge/Guest Services operations.
- Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.