Inventory Control Coordinator
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
At Orange County Government, we are proud to serve the public with integrity, honesty, fairness and professionalism. We develop innovative policies and services that impact Central Florida and shape the future of our community. We have been consistently recognized as a "Top 100 Family Friendly Company", facilitating a healthy work-life balance.
The Orange County, Florida, Facilities Management Division is looking for qualified candidates to provide outstanding customer service through teamwork, innovation and the development of positive relationships with our customers and teammates. We’re seeking knowledgeable problem solvers with excellent communication skills to help us with our mission to provide safe, sustainable, and well-maintained facilities and services through high standards of integrity, professionalism, and ethics. In return, we offer stable positions with excellent benefits, including membership in the State of Florida Retirement System. We are committed to providing a work culture that emphasizes mutual respect, trust, career development, and a collaborative work environment that recognizes individual achievements.
We are currently looking for qualified candidates to fill the role of Inventory Control Coordinator. This position performs responsible supervisory work directing inventory control personnel. Plans, conducts, and reviews inventory control processes. Work is performed with independence under the general direction of a designated supervisor.
- Acts as supervisor when the Warehouse Supervisor is unavailable.
- Assists Warehouse Supervisor with managing five (5) Maintenance District Warehouses that maintains over $1.5 million in maintenance supplies/equipment/tools and an annual operating budget of $1 million.
- Assists with developing, implementing, and evaluating methods and procedures for the storage and issuance of parts, supplies, materials, and equipment stock items.
- Assists with service and supply contracts. Identifies potential term contracts for supplies based on the receipt of goods. Ensures supplies received via contracts/purchase orders are in compliance with contract/purchase order specifications.
- Ensures receiving documents are properly completed and routed within established time frames for prompt payment.
- Researches and resolves problems related to receiving of supplies and expediting procurement of goods.
- Identifies appropriate solutions and products within financial and budget limitations.
- Assists with developing and implementing measures to protect stock items form loss, damage, or deterioration.
- Assists with records management. Assists with ensuring receiving documentation and follow-up are completed properly, including credit card orders.
- Assists with supervision for the proper disposal of hazardous waste materials, including storage, documentation, and shipping
Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Management, Business or Public Administration or a closely related field and one year of inventory control experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant education or experience.
Experience in ordering/receiving good via contracts
Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Advantage
Experience with CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management Systems) such as Maximo.
All candidates selected for hire in the Administrative Services Department must successfully complete a Criminal History and Background check.
Hours will vary according to operational needs to include 2nd and 3rd shift and weekends if necessary. Normal work hours are currently 7:00am to 4:00pm. The assignment will be at Central District Warehouse (Michigan Campus). However, this position is subject to assignment at any Facilities Management location, including 33rd Street Correctional Facility, due to project, task, or operational requirements.
- Counuty issued truck
- Uniforms and Safety Shoes
- Additional .50 per hour for working at the Corrections Complex
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance offered
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account options
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- FRS (Florida Retirement System)
- 457 Retirement Savings
- Paid Time Off