Balloon Handler (Holiday Parade)
Balloon Handlers (Holiday Parade) serve as parade assistants, handle Macy's parade balloons, and help create lasting memories for our guests by taking part in this annual holiday tradition.
Balloon Handlers (Holiday Parade) at Universal Orlando are responsible for:
- Handles large air balloons before and during the Macy's Holiday Parade. Team Members must weigh a minimum of 125lbs and be able to handle up to 100lbs or balloon.
- Walks alongside Parade floats and communicates with Float driver to ensure the safety of Guests and Team Members during the parade.
- Assists in cleaning the parade route after parade.
- Assist with lock-down and crowd control before and during parade.
- Understanding and actively participating in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policies, procedures, training, and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
To perform the role of a Balloon Handler (Holiday Parade) successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
- High school degree or GED preferred.
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three- syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from guests, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the Balloon Handler (Holiday Parade) job.
- Regularly (2/3 of the time or more) stand for prolonged periods; walk for prolonged periods; hear audible alarms, voice commands with background noise; use hands and fingers to grip, pinch, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach, pull, push with hands and arms below head; lift up to 50 pounds with control; push up to 100 pounds with control; maintain alertness and attentiveness up to 4 hours while working varying hours; maintain concentration/focus.
- Frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time) talk; balance; reach, pull, push with hands above the head; use repetitive motion more than twice per minute; use close vision with or without corrective lenses; use distance vision with or without corrective lenses; use color vision, peripheral vision, and adjust focus; work in an environment with flashing lights, including strobe lamps.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of the Balloon Handler (Holiday Parade) job.
- Regularly (2/3 of the time or more) work in wet, humid conditions; work in outdoor weather conditions to include direct sunlight, heat or cold; work in extreme cold (non-weather); work in extreme hear (non-weather).
- Frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time) work in an environment where the noise level is loud and raised conversation is needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.If you are interested in this position and you have what it takes to be a part of Universal Orlando, click on 'Apply Now'. If not, please check out our Job Search to explore other opportunities within our universe. We regret that due to the volume of responses only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2015 Universal Studios. © 2015 Universal Orlando. All right reserved. EOE
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE