Medical Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representatives will handle incoming phone calls efficiently, promptly and courteously. Return phone calls must be made to patients within 24-48 hours from initial contact. All accounts must be noted in system, identifying problem and resolution. Problems are researched thoroughly, with any information on potentially damaging situations forwarded to either the department supervisor or director for disposition. Self-pay balances are reviewed for accuracy, and appropriate measures taken to collect monies due the company. May require patient contact, adding insurance, forwarding to collection agency as necessary.
1. Handles phone calls (both patient and inter-company) effectively to resolve issues/disputes within 48 hours of contact.
2. Researches patient accounts to ensure that information reflected in system is accurate.
3. Makes corrections to accounts as necessary.
4. Forwards information to other departments for:
• Insurance Verification for benefit information
• Refund clerk for check processing
• Medical record requests
5. Logs requests to A/R follow up staff for issues that require further investigation or corrections.
6. Prints account ledgers for patients and family members as requested.
7. Makes necessary payment arrangements (per company policy) as requested by patient or health center staff.
8. Communicates with health center via system “alert notes” regarding payment arrangements or needed information regarding patient account.
9. Properly uses Call Log and A/R Follow up Log.
1. Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and written.
2. Ability to pull files, refile as needed for viewing encounter, payment documentation.
Education & Experience Requirements
1. Minimum one year in medical office setting. Experience can substitute for education.
2. Familiarity with billing office procedures, CPT4 and ICD9 codes.
3. Computer literate.
4. Ability to problem solve.
5. Good interpersonal skills.
Apply for Medical Customer Service Representative
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly