Building Maintenance Supervisor
The Supervisor of Building Maintenance manages Orlando Health Physician Associates' physical plants and equipment in an efficient and cost‑effective manner through routine maintenance, selection of external service contracts, and replacement of outdated or insufficient systems/equipment. The incumbent leads the Maintenance staff in making repairs and conducts preventative maintenance.
1. Establishes and maintains schedules for facilities and equipment maintenance.
2. Identifies the need for maintenance, ground, security, and cleaning contracts for the facilities and equipment. Develops the specifications for all contracts, evaluates all bids, and monitors compliance and costs of all contracts.
3. Schedules and coordinates all contract maintenance and repairs.
4. Performs routine maintenance and minor repairs not covered by contracts or on an urgent basis, such as plumbing, carpentry, finishing, replacing lights, and exterior cleaning.
5. Develops familiarity with facility operations and communicates with contractors concerning structural and finishing details, mechanical systems, fire and safety and security systems. Evaluates proposed structural finishing and equipment changes or additions for compatibility with existing systems, safety features, and efficiency.
6. Maintains warehouse and other off‑site storage inventories.
7. Transports and sets up heavy supplies, equipment and furniture.
8. Manages building security and maintains key box and inventory.
9. Oversees all building and renovation projects to see that quality standards are maintained.
10. Maintains availability as first point of contact for after-hours facilities emergencies in the health centers. Responds promptly when contacted after hours.
11. Supervises, trains and schedules department Building Engineers.
1. Ability to see, hear and communicate clearly.
2. Ability to travel between centers.
3. Ability to lift 50-100 lbs.
4. Ability to stand up to 70% of each work day.
5. Ability to climb, bend and stretch.
6. Ability to cope with dusty conditions, and fumes from paint, adhesives and finishes.
Education & Experience Requirements
1. High School graduate or equivalent.
2. Ability to read and understand blueprints.
3. 3 – 5 years experience in minor plumbing, minor electrical and carpentry.
4. Must possess a Florida operator's license.
6. 5 years of experience at the supervisory level in facilities maintenance
7. HVAC certification.
Required tasks normally do not involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues, but may require performing unplanned Category I tasks. The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues, but exposure or potential exposure may be required as a condition of employment.
Apply for Building Maintenance Supervisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly