Internship - Spring 2017 - Props Fabrication
Expand your universe with Universal Orlando's Campus 2 Career Internship Program! This program can provide not only extensive learning opportunities, but real world experience as well. An Internship with Universal Orlando offers abundant networking and exposure opportunities to one of the world's top entertainment destinations.
SUMMARY: The Props Fabrication Intern is responsible for assisting with design, construction, acquisition, tracking, storage and/or installation of props for theme park attractions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with fabrication of props for theme park attractions, which could involve hot gluing items; checking inventory as it arrives and photographing all items; re-sizing of graphics files, labels, etc. in Illustrator or Photoshop
- Assist with input of props inventory into the spreadsheet budget to track items
- Props fabrication – wrapping packages, applying labels, assisting the prop master with prop creation
- Basic sewing of background drapes or other fabric props
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policies, procedures, training, and Team Member involvement activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution
- Current class standing of Sophomore or above
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above (official transcripts available upon request)
- Must have a valid US driver's license
- Consistent attendance is a job requirement
- Approximate dates of this internship are from January 2017 - May 2017
- Availability requirement typically includes 24-40 hours per week; Monday through Friday (may include some weekends)
- Must be pursuing a degree in a field related to Themed Entertainment Design, Theater or Art
- Preferred coursework includes: Sculpting, Theatrical Design, Set Design, Prop Design and Scenic Arts
- Preferred skills: Sculpting foam, clay and other mediums; scenic painting; basic carpentry and sewing
- Theatrical/design background is preferred
- Knowledge of Photoshop, AutoCAD and 3D printing is preferred
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Superior written & verbal communication skills
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams
- Prior internship experience is preferred
ADDITONAL INTERNSHIP INFORMATION:
In order to be considered, a resume is required with your application and must include major, anticipated gradation date and cumulative GPA.
Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
Universal Orlando does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Due to the volume of responses, only applicants of interest will be contacted.If you are interested in this position and you have what it takes to be a part of Universal Orlando, click on 'Apply Now'. If not, please check out our Job Search to explore other opportunities within our universe. We regret that due to the volume of responses only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2015 Universal Studios. © 2015 Universal Orlando. All right reserved. EOE
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE