Internship - Spring 2017 - Global Standards Procedure
Expand your universe with Universal Orlando's Campus 2 Career Internship Program! This program can provide not only extensive learning opportunities, but real world experience as well. An Internship with Universal Orlando offers abundant networking and exposure opportunities to one of the world's top entertainment destinations.
SUMMARY: The intern will provide supervised input to assigned documents, assist in assigned studies, receive hands-on experience with major operating groups, complete assigned office tasks as well as receive learning opportunities with major departments. This will also allow the department to complete several areas in a reduced amount of time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the department with collection of international park programming materials, creating spreadsheets and producing other documents in support of these collected materials.
- Perform in-park research, take photos and measurements, etc.
- Assist with Operational Safety projects.
- Develop an understanding of the responsibilities necessary to create training and operations standards documents.
- Learn to coordinate the work schedules of the management team and set up meetings.
- Develop an awareness of Operational Safety standards, ADA, ASTM standards, and Universal standards.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policy, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution
- Current class standing of Sophomore or above
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above (official transcripts available upon request)
- Consistent attendance is a job requirement
- Approximate dates of this internship are from January 2017 - May 2017
- Availability requirement typically includes 24-40 hours per week; Monday through Friday (may include weekends)
- Preferred majors include: Hospitality Management (Theme Park track).
- Must be current Rosen College student
- Proficient or familiarity with SharePoint is preferred
- Prior experience in technical writing and theme parks is helpful
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, Adobe, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Superior written & verbal communication skills
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams
- Prior internship experience is preferred.
ADDITONAL INTERNSHIP INFORMATION:
In order to be considered, a resume is required with your application and must include major, anticipated graduation date and cumulative GPA.
Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
Universal Orlando does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Due to the volume of responses, only applicants of interest will be contacted.If you are interested in this position and you have what it takes to be a part of Universal Orlando, click on 'Apply Now'. If not, please check out our Job Search to explore other opportunities within our universe. We regret that due to the volume of responses only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2015 Universal Studios. © 2015 Universal Orlando. All right reserved. EOE
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE