Senior Claim Representative - Tampa, FL
RYZE Claim Solutions, is anchored by the strengths of the companies brought together to form this powerful hub of comprehensive claim services. With expansive service offerings, multiple business lines expertise and comprehensive claims knowledge, RYZE provides a wide range of solutions over a vast geographic area. These services include Daily Property, Catastrophe, Flood, TPA/Claims Administration, Casualty, Reinspections, Audits, Appraisal Services, and Training.
A Senior Claims Representative investigates insurance claims for personal, casualty, or property loss or damages, by performing a variety of duties. The individual will receive and follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform functions of the job. It will require some independent work as well as some directions from the claims supervisor or manager. Typical office hours are Monday through Friday, with evenings and weekends required as weather, work volume, or client needs dictate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts a thorough investigation, as outlined in the claim handling guidelines and best practices
- Denies, settles, or authorizes payments to routine property/casualty claims based on coverage, field reports, and verifiable damage
- Interviews, telephones, or corresponds with insureds, claimants, vendors, carriers, witnesses, public adjusters, attorneys, etc. to gather important information to support the claims; including proofs of loss
- Sets proper reserves
- Takes recorded statements, as needed
- Reviews and evaluates property claims for coverage and further claim handling procedures to conclude within required statutory time frame
- Interpret policy language and evaluate coverage issues of multiple different policies and endorsements
- Prepares technical claim documents and correspondence
- Prepares report of findings of an investigation
- Other Duties as assigned
Essential Functions and Requirements:
- 6-8 years of related experience, or the equivalent education and/or experience
- Display's excellent customer service skills
- Proficient oral and written communication is a must
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Proficient computer & typing skills - working knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good organization and time management skills
- Familiar with a variety of field concepts, practices and procedures
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus
- A Florida Adjuster License - 520 or 620 (All Lines), or successful completion of the licensing exam within 90 days of hire (absent a license, successful completion of the exam is a condition of employment)
Additionally in order to work for RYZE you will be required to take a drug test and go through our criminal background check process.
Employment with RYZE is "at will," terminable by the employee or the company at any time, with or without notice, with or without cause, except as otherwise provided by law.
RYZE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.