Valet Parking Lead
Driving manual transmission experience required
The Universal Orlando Valet Lead Parking Attendants provide a personal vehicle parking and retrieval service for the park guests while offering exceptional guest service and a quick “hustle” that is necessary to run from one area of the Valet Operations to another. Valet leads ssupport management in directing and coordinating activities of department and team members.
Valet Lead Attendants at Universal Orlando will:
- Provide work direction to team members. Communicate performance, behavior standards, and expectations; provide feedback for recognition and performance improvement.
- Monitor valet area for operational effectiveness and makes applicable notifications.
- Perform daily administrative tasks, as required. Capture written behaviors using the Observation Report to support managerial and supervisory documentation.
- Assist with training new and current team members. Inform team members of current and new company and departmental policies and procedures. Observes and directs team member's compliance with wardrobe and grooming standards
- Perform job duties as described in Valet Attendant job description.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
To perform the role of a Valet Lead Attendant successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
- Drive vehicles with both standard and automatic transmissions.
- High school degree or GED.
- 0-1 Year: Employed with UO for a minimum of 90 days required. Six months to one year experience providing work direction; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the Valet Lead Attendant job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly (2/3 or more of time) required to stand, talk or hear, Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of time) required to walk/run, reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), Distance Vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), Color Vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships).
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of the Valet Lead Attendant job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, outdoor weather conditions.
- While performing this job, the noise level in the work environment is moderate (examples: business office with typewriters and/or computer printer, light traffic).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.If you are interested in this position and you have what it takes to be a part of Universal Orlando, click on 'Apply Now'. If not, please check out our Job Search to explore other opportunities within our universe. We regret that due to the volume of responses only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2015 Universal Studios. © 2015 Universal Orlando. All right reserved. EOE
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE