- Contract Type
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for assisting agency management by ensuring that documented processes and demonstrated controls are in place to maintain compliance both onsite and/or in detached locations. This position is responsible for developing an action plan to ensure Sales Producers complete compliance training in order to positively impact the business objectives that have been set for the Firm.
1. Under general supervision, ensures the Firm maintains compliance with documented processes and controls.
2. Manages the Firm’s compliance database system, the client file review process, and a system to ensure all post-issue requirements are submitted in a timely manner.
3. Maintains the complaint log, corrective action log, FINRA books and records, and the “Do Not Solicit” system.
4. Tracks and supervises all producer licensing and continuing education requirements.
5. Develops an action plan to complete compliance training for the Firm.
6. Completes the quarterly compliance certification and review, quarterly compliance checklist, and necessary paperwork for DBA’s and shared office space.
7. Monitors and review correspondence, payment transactions, securities approval and tracking systems, and sales materials.
8. Acts as a back-up principal to provide MSI oversight.
9. With approval from Compliance, completes Checklist B (supervisory checklist) for detached sites.
10. Performs other duties as required.
· Thorough understanding of licensing/registration process and requirements.
· Thorough understanding of financial products and procedures preferred.
· Demonstrate use of sound business judgment.
· Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to learn and follow policies and procedures.
· Minimum 3-5 years of related work experience, with 1-2 years in the insurance or financial services industry
· High School Diploma or equivalent, higher education preferred
· FINRA Series 7 & 24
· Computer skills (Microsoft Office and Windows)
Controls Coordinators are independent contractors and are not employees of MassMutual, its subsidiaries or of the General Agent with whom they contract. Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, MA 01111. MassMutual Financial Group is a marketing name for Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) and its affiliated companies and sales representatives. Local sales agencies are not subsidiaries of MassMutual or its affiliated companies. L0916479519 [exp0717][fl]
Apply for Controls Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly