Office - Payroll Specialist
It takes a talented group of Team Members to run Universal Orlando, and we need a dedicated team to support the thousands of Team Members employed here. Payroll Specialists perform departmental based duties associated with daily processing of payroll and resolve payroll discrepancies accurately and in a timely manner.
EXPERIENCE: In-House Payroll environment is required.
Payroll Specialists at Universal Orlando are responsible for:
- Generating and analyzing queries, Crystal reports, and various other system reports.
- Delivering reports to audit system payments and calculations such as out-of-job, overtime, minimum wage, and tips.
- Performing manual calculation of paychecks (FLSA overtime, garnishment and 401k deductions, income tax and Earned Income Credit) to ensure accurate payment is made.
- Performing weekly edit of payroll prior to confirmation of paychecks and assisting in the validation of year-end information.
- Reviewing, calculating, and inputting adjustments and other payroll documents received by departmental representatives and garnishing agencies.
- Ensuring compliance with policies, procedures, and UO pay practices.
- Coding forms accordingly to ensure proper accounting and pay rates are assigned.
- Inputting and verifying team member requested payments/deductions such as direct deposit, W-4's, shoe deductions, charitable contributions, etc.
- Processing and tracking payment of benefit hours for terminations, reclassifications and advance or cash-in requests, ensuring proper taxation and penalties for such payments are assessed.
- Performing research and providing specific information to team members to resolve payroll issues and discrepancies by utilizing knowledge of the payroll system and guidelines set in the UO policies.
- Assisting in the marketing of electronic pay and Employee Self Service.
- Presenting electronic pay and payroll services to groups of individuals such as new hires, management teams, etc.
- Overseeing printing, sealing and folding of paychecks.
- Loading printers with check stock and verifying printers contain adequate toner levels and changes when appropriate.
- Verifying printer completes accurately and prints consistently throughout the job.
- Counting, separating, and sorting paychecks for distribution.
- Initiating reprint process for damaged/misprinted paychecks.
- Researching/ locating missing paychecks.
- Understanding and actively participating in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policies, procedures, training, and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
To perform the role of a Payroll Specialist successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
- High school degree or GED preferred.
- Three to five years experience working in a fast-paced payroll environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-House Payroll environment is required.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from guests, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the Payroll Specialist job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly (2/3 or more of time) required to sit; frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of time) required to walk, talk or hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; occasionally (up to 1/3 of time) required to stand.
- The individual must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close Vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less).
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of the Payroll Specialist job.
- While performing this job, the noise level in the work environment is moderate noise.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.If you are interested in this position and you have what it takes to be a part of Universal Orlando, click on 'Apply Now'. If not, please check out our Job Search to explore other opportunities within our universe. We regret that due to the volume of responses only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2015 Universal Studios. © 2015 Universal Orlando. All right reserved. EOE
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE