The Phone Receptionist answers all incoming phone calls and directs them to the appropriate areas within Physician Associates phone standards. He/she schedules/reschedules and confirms appointments for patients in a pleasant manner following established guidelines/standards. He/she assists with other activities as necessary.
- Answers all incoming phone calls within standard in a pleasant, professional manner. Schedules and confirms routine appointments; responds to questions or refers to the appropriate staff member when applicable.
- Identifies emergency or urgent calls following Physician Associates guidelines. Communicates all patient problems to Team Leader and/or Office Manager.
- Performs additional duties related to health center needs as required.
- Maintains specific health center directories as assigned.
- Works effectively as a member of the patient care team and contributes suggestions for improving unit and organizational operations.
- Adheres to Physician Associates phone standards. Understands phone calls will be monitored randomly by silent monitoring for quality and content.
- Ability to see, hear, speak and write clearly.
- Ability to sit for several hours at a time.
- Ability to work on a computer.
- Ability to travel to other health centers.
- Ability to lift minimally.
- Ability to perform fine motor functions.
- Ability to tolerate periods of high stress.
Education & Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or GED. Experience can substitute for education.
- Previous experience in a physician's office, clinic or hospital.
- Medical terminology knowledge.
- Experience scheduling health care appointments.
- Customer service experience.
- Familiarization with computers.
Apply for Phone Receptionist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly